Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Classicsverse Catalogues

Few questions, since it's sad just how much I'm digging these catalogs

* I note you used different poses on the different catalogs (Thundercracker, Soundwave etc). Was that just for style or for accuracy in comparison to the poses on the original ones?

* Are they pics of your own toys or from the net?

* You've used different moulds for the same character such as Classics and FOC Grimlock which I think is very cool since lots of these characters have multiple CHUG iterations. Will you be updating these catalogs at some point for characters that are getting more G1 inspired toys (the new TR Perceptor that turns into a microscope for instance)? I'm gussing you will be using TR Soundwave for your 86' Decepticons one.

* Was there a particular reason you didn't use Seaspray in the 86' one after using him in the 85 one? Also did you consider using the recently re-released Titanium Rodimus Prime figure since after being sold with Galvatron he could arguably be considered part of the CHUG line?

* Do you have these catalog pics in a higher resolution and if so would you mind sharing them on here or with me? Just I saved the pics from the first post on my laptop but they become grainy when I enlarge them.

* Will you use Tak/Tom releases for the likes of Runamuck & Runabout?

* Can you email these to Hasbro so they can see what gaps we need filled?

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    * I note you used different poses on the different catalogs (Thundercracker, Soundwave etc). Was that just for style or for accuracy in comparison to the poses on the original ones?
    Different toys/variants. Thundercracker on the 1984 catalogue is the Hasbro Generations version while the one on the 1985 catalogue is the TakaraTOMY Gentei version.

* Are they pics of your own toys or from the net?
    Off the webz.

* You've used different moulds for the same character such as Classics and FOC Grimlock which I think is very cool since lots of these characters have multiple CHUG iterations. Will you be updating these catalogs at some point for characters that are getting more G1 inspired toys (the new TR Perceptor that turns into a microscope for instance)? I'm gussing you will be using TR Soundwave for your 86' Decepticons one.
    You have guessed correctly.

* Was there a particular reason you didn't use Seaspray in the 86' one after using him in the 85 one? Also did you consider using the recently re-released Titanium Rodimus Prime figure since after being sold with Galvatron he could arguably be considered part of the CHUG line?
    I'm including characters which are 'definitively' within the CHUGUR lines. I understand the reasoning for including Sea Spray and Ti Series Rodimus Prime. I did consider it but decided against it.

* Do you have these catalog pics in a higher resolution and if so would you mind sharing them on here or with me? Just I saved the pics from the first post on my laptop but they become grainy when I enlarge them.
    Photobucket shrinks the images. LMK where you would like me to send higher res copies.
    * Will you use Tak/Tom releases for the likes of Runamuck & Runabout?
    No as they are part of the Aligned Continuity family (re: TF Adventure). I could include the Timelines figures though.

* Can you email these to Hasbro so they can see what gaps we need filled?
    I only have contacts with Hasbro Australia who don't have that kind of influence. I do have American mates who have contacts with Hasbro US that I can share them with (and hope that the message trickles through to Hasbro USA). <shrugs>

Cheers for the answers to all those questions

I would have thought that some of the TAV's would have qualified as CHUG more than Timelines figures but I can understand the reasoning.

I didn't pick up that some figures were the Hasbro and some were the Tak/Tom, hence the different stances. Might show up more with higher resolution.

Speaking of the lower resolution, did I see you had a toy there for Slag in the 85' catalog? Which figure did you use? And which figure is it you are using for Swoop? I have a Universe Swoop Mini-Con but cant tell if its the same figure you are using there.

Have you thought of doing this with other toylines in the future, or are the other toylines not comprehensive enough with the amount of G1 figures they represent? The reason I ask this, and I think part of my strong fascination with what you have done, is that I am very much a multiverse collector. By this I mean I love collecting all the different versions they make of G1 characters, perhaps even more than new characters (though they are always welcome). I always thought if I had the artistic skill I'd draw different group shots of G1 characters paralleled with the versions of them from other continuities (so for example all the G1 characters that showed up in Animated drawn in a group with their G1 counterparts drawn in a similarly posed group shot underneath). What you have done here is the closest I've seen to something similar. It would be interesting to see it done with other continuities such as the Unicron Wars and Bayverse, though perhaps due to so many gaps it would not work as well in catalog form.

Anyway, will send you my email so if you are still willing you can send me hi-res pics of what you have done. Once again, very VERY good work man! I hope you continue it to the 87' catalogs as well

Thank you, and yes, I do intend to do this w/ other G1 catalogues.

Speaking of the lower resolution, did I see you had a toy there for Slag in the 85' catalog? Which figure did you use? And which figure is it you are using for Swoop? I have a Universe Swoop Mini-Con but cant tell if its the same figure you are using there.
    Swoop is the Mini-Con from Classics. Slag is from the Age of Extinction Evolution 2 Pack of Slug, with the Mini-Con representing G1 Slag.

Have you thought of doing this with other toylines in the future, or are the other toylines not comprehensive enough with the amount of G1 figures they represent? The reason I ask this, and I think part of my strong fascination with what you have done, is that I am very much a multiverse collector. By this I mean I love collecting all the different versions they make of G1 characters, perhaps even more than new characters (though they are always welcome). I always thought if I had the artistic skill I'd draw different group shots of G1 characters paralleled with the versions of them from other continuities (so for example all the G1 characters that showed up in Animated drawn in a group with their G1 counterparts drawn in a similarly posed group shot underneath). What you have done here is the closest I've seen to something similar. It would be interesting to see it done with other continuities such as the Unicron Wars and Bayverse, though perhaps due to so many gaps it would not work as well in catalog form.
    I'm also doing this with Masterpiece, but otherwise no, not planning on doing this with any other line. Although I always do love to take side-by-side comparison pics with any Transformer and their original namesake (I usually post them in their respective review threads). And there is the G1/Classicsverse comparison thread.

These are fantastic !!!!
    Love the retro catalogues! !!

No Universe(08) Razorclaw?

Always regretted not buying that leader pack but finances were not great at the time

Nice use of Senator Ratbat by the way 😀

I thought maybe you would have saved the Cyclonus that has a TM partner for the 87' one and gone the CW version here. I know, I know - I'm examining them too much. I'm not remotely trying to poke holes - I just really dig'em is all and can't help asking lots of Q's
    Last edited by BigTransformerTrev; 7th November 2016 at 04:39 PM.

Hooray for updates! i just wish there was a bigger version link I can print...
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

*bump* 1987 Autobot catalogue added. Phew, this alone took me nearly 2 months to do on MS Paint! I'm seriously considering purchasing and learning to use PhotoShop just to save me a buttload of time.

Btw, if anyone else who's already PhotoShop savvy wants to contribute to this thread, please feel free to do so! I just ask that you post to let me know which catalogue/side you're working on so that I don't double up on what you're doing. As of now I haven't started on anything new yet.

Nice work as always