Thread: TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE - ISSUE #1

Default TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE - ISSUE #1

AS THE HEAVENS RAGE, IT'S ALL OR NOTHING AS THE WAR WITHOUT END... ENDS!

G'Day all,

In celebration of the Beast Wars 20th Anniversary, the script for Issue #1 of TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE is now online for your reading pleasure!

If you haven't done so already, browse the outline of the story here so you can hit the ground running!

I pitched this story to IDW earlier in the year. Sadly, given that IDW have their hands full with three on-going comics, the upcoming REVOLUTION event, and the fact this story isn't set in their main Transformers continuity, there's now little chance it will be brought to life.

DEICIDE is the natural end-point for my larger Transversal Continuity -- the culmination of a decade's worth of writing. The story has been complete for some time now, ready for this year's Beast Wars anniversary celebrations -- but it appears both Hasbro and IDW missed the memo. Neither look likely to even acknowledge the occasion. (TakaraTomy on the other hand -- WOW!)

But that doesn't mean we can't celebrate. So as you read through the scripts (those for Issues 2, 3 and 4 will be online in due course), understand that the I wrote the story to honour Beast Wars. The TV series and the toys came into my life when I was 10, and I am pleased to say they've never left.

Read, comment and enjoy.
    - Verno.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

The Tripredacus Council have been an enigma since their introduction in Season 2 of Beast Wars. What their role within the Predacon faction is remains a mystery, but the greatest cause for debate within the fandom is in regards to their origins.

The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary provides the perfect opportunity to shed a little more light on this shadowy triumvirate, so to that end, in a set of 4 one-shot pages (one per Deicide Issue) I present: Gathering Darkness.

Read, comment and enjoy!

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...

The script for Issue #2 of TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE is now online!

Read, comment and enjoy!

The script for Issue #3 of TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE is now online!

Of the four issues in the series, this was the most enjoyable to write. Why? It'll become obvious once you cast an eye over it, but let's just say the old team is back together...

Read on, comment and enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Verno
    10 RATTRAP
    We’re all gonna die.

11 RHINOX
    Yep.
    Favourite part of all 3 (so far)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxius._ View Post
    Favourite part of all 3 (so far)
    Haha, I'm glad you're enjoying it

Steve Cook went above and beyond in his efforts with the artwork for the DEICIDE pitch. He produced the lines for all 22 pages of the Issue #1 script, plus some lovely designs to go with them.

Rachel Banks, Brandy Dixon, Rachel Hatcher and OzFormers' own Regan Curtis then came in with some wonderful colours on a selection of pages.

I'm incredibly indebted to these wonderful artists for the time and effort they put into the project.

Check out the DEICIDE Gallery to enjoy it all.

Apart from shrinking the Issues from 22 pages (the old standard) to 20 (the new standard), the biggest change from the first pitch to the second was returning the Axalon crew to their Season 1 bodies after coming back through the wormhole. My thinking was that if Hasbro created more Generations toys in the same vein as Waspinator, Rhinox and Rattrap, the comic would work well as advertising for them. But alas, no new Generations toys and no comic.

Here it is. The final piece of the DEICIDE puzzle.

The script for Issue #4 of TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE.

A celebration of Beast Wars' 20th Anniversary. A celebration of Transformers: The Movie's 30th Anniversary. A decade in the making.

Read, comment, but most importantly -- enjoy.

I'll just quote myself

Quote Originally Posted by The13Primes View Post

WOAH

JUST WOAH

That was amazing!! Will you give Transtech a crack? Also what is MAximus' new body?

I swear you should work for IDW
    May i share this on facebook? I feel as if more people should see this beast () of a story

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxius._ View Post
    May i share this on facebook? I feel as if more people should see this beast () of a story
    I'd be incredibly grateful for any exposure you can give the story