Page 494 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 474484489490491492493494495496497498499504514 ... LastLast
Results 4,931 to 4,940 of 10406

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Is it possible to make a subscription with King Comics (or some other local comic store) for the Regeneration One comics? I am particularly looking at one with a shipping service as I will have a hard time picking up the comics in person.

i have an interesting question :P
    my girlfriend really likes sharks and she's always asking me about if there are shark transformers and i've never gotten around to picking any up :S , if you guys had to pick a couple what are the better shark tf molds?

Quote Originally Posted by Kapryiath View Post
    i have an interesting question :P
    my girlfriend really likes sharks and she's always asking me about if there are shark transformers and i've never gotten around to picking any up :S , if you guys had to pick a couple what are the better shark tf molds?
    Probably the most realistic shark mould is the original Beast Wars Cybershark or Beast Wars Neo Sharp Edge, (though I personally prefer the Beast Wars II Hellscream/Universe Overbite version of the mould.) The Energon Sharkticon/BotCon Sharkticons/Sky-Byte mould is currently available cheap as the Japanese United Axalon. Beast Machines Hammerstrike and G1 Overbite are also cool moulds.

I second the nomination for the original Cybershark (hammerhead shark) or Sharp Edge (sawshark) -- between those two I personally prefer Sharp Edge - but Cybershark is fine too. Those would be the most realistic looking shark moded Transformers. All other sharkformers are cybernetic or robotic sharks (or in the case of Hammerstrike, "Technorganic").

My least favourite sharkformer would have to be TM2 Cybershark, who was the only one that was available in Australia too. (oh, and Energon Sharkticon too if you wanna include him (he transforms into a sharklike boat, but not an actual shark)

Was Cybershark ever released in Australia?

He's become my fav. I never saw it in the shops, but one of my high school friends brought one to class back in the day, but I didn't think much of it at the time because the mold was basically a bigger Basic Flip Beast. I became really obsessed over shark-formers recently and chased down a reasonably priced Cybershark and Sharp Edge. Love the colour on Cybershark more, and I really wished they went and gave it a snapping jaw action gimmick. For a Maximal, he's really got a face that only a mother could love..

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    Was Cybershark ever released in Australia?
    Not the original version, but the Transmetal II one was. In Beast Wars, we also didn't get Claw Jaw, Grimlock, Drill Bit, Lazorbeak, Bonecrusher, Tigatron, Buzz Saw, Jetstorm, Blackarachnia, Manterror, B'Boom, Transquito, Arachnid, Orcanoch, Soundwave and Icebird, as well as the Fox Kids toys and non-video Razorclaw and Airazor.

And as I say, if you like the Cybershark/Sharp Edge mould, Beast Wars II Hellscream/Universe Overbite is amazing - I love him.

Transmetal II Cybershark was the only shark Transformer we got in Australia (which sucks cos he's so crap ). As Sky Shadow said, we missed Cybershark's entire wave (I got mine through a trade with a dude in Glasgow!). Australia also missed the entire Beast Machines Battle For The Spark line, so we missed Hammerstrike as part of that. Australia also missed out on Sky-Byte from RiD, as well as Gaskunk, Gusshar, Darkscream, Scourge and Team Bullet-Train. The other sharks are all from Takara (so naturally weren't released here for retail).

He's become my fav. I never saw it in the shops, but one of my high school friends brought one to class back in the day, but I didn't think much of it at the time because the mold was basically a bigger Basic Flip Beast.
    Well, as you know now, he's certainly _not_ a flip changer! He's a bit of shellformer, but he works well as a shellformer... unlike his Transmetal 2 counterpart.

I became really obsessed over shark-formers recently and chased down a reasonably priced Cybershark and Sharp Edge. Love the colour on Cybershark more, and I really wished they went and gave it a snapping jaw action gimmick.
    In terms of technical execution, both Cybershark and Sharp Edge are well done. The shark mode is rather fat for a hammerhead or sawshark, but I can forgive it because it does need to contain the robot parts (TM2 Cybershark looks better as a fatter shark since it's a Great White).

A snapping jaw gimmick would have been cool... a lot better than the "face launcher" gimmick they've given it. Does it hurt when they shoot their faces off? And if not... what happens after they shoot it? Does the face explode, or is it just a non-explosive projectile? If so... then what a _hassle_ to go and retrieve it! Imagine shooting your face off at a Predacon, who then catches it, then goes, "Hah! I got your face!" then proceeds to bugger off! You'd be like, "Heeeey! Give that back!" And how annoying would it have been for kids who ended up losing the head projectile??

For a Maximal, he's really got a face that only a mother could love..
    Heh, oh yeah... I much prefer the sculpt on Sharp Edge's head. But they're both quite nice toys in their own right.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Transmetal II Cybershark was the only shark Transformer we got in Australia (which sucks cos he's so crap ).
    I never thought about it, but that's interesting. As someone living in the UK at the moment, I know Australia is iconic for its sharks. People are often asking me about them and only two days ago I had a couple of queries about the number of shark attacks and whether there was a big net along the Australian coastline that stopped the sharks coming up towards the beach and eating people. Since I said there wasn't, I was informed that they would never be able to swim in Australia without soiling their pants. I then said that they have more chance of dying in a car accident, so I hoped they didn't need to change their dacks every time they went for a drive.

Still, if you like your 'sharks' to have arms and legs, we got two of those in G1.

One things that's been crossing my mind has been the number of times particular moulds have been used, is there a list or database easily outlining all the uses of the various different moulds released in TF history?

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim Prime View Post
    One things that's been crossing my mind has been the number of times particular moulds have been used, is there a list or database easily outlining all the uses of the various different moulds released in TF history?
    It would be a HUGE database if one does exist The closest I think we ever got to one is Fred's Variants page but it does not cover the more recent releases.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]