View Poll Results: Is MP-20 Wheeljack worth buying?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

50 92.59%
  • No

0 0%
  • Only if....

2 3.70%
  • Not interested

2 3.70%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Review: Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack

Im thinking about gluing the mirrors on iin mine but im just worried if I drop him or something hooks on one and one of them breaks. Then I have to go through the process of trying to remove the plastic to put a replacement in. Its tempting to glue because the hole for the right side is a bit loose tends to make the mirror wobble. Maybe ill just remove them and forget I had them.

I never added the mirrors, still in the little baggie they came in. To me I dont really notice them missing but anyone who knew they were ment to be there would spot it, gluing is an option but knowing my luck id mess it up n id never forgive myself lol

A wonderful figure! Mine was nearly on a boat back to Japan but I managed to stop that *phew!* A great transformation and likeness are packed in this little super car.

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    ..as mine had a green tampo smudge near one back wheel... but a cotton wool bud and some eucalyptus oil cleaned it up nicely!
    I probably wouldn't have been able to do that if he'd have been painted!
    Eucalyptus oil eh? Mine was not fully masked and the large green 'A' (that sits in front of the rear wheel) has a very soft edge to it instead of a sharp line. I was thinking of taping the green A and rubbing off the excess ..if i dare attempt it.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Does anyone know the reason why the factory didn't just attach and glue the mirrors during production? The panels are moulded for them, so isn't a last minute attachment. Does it look too weird to some people in car or robot mode to have them, to need them detachable?
    They don't seem to be in the way of the transformation or posing... so it just seems odd that they didn't come attached.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Does anyone know the reason why the factory didn't just attach and glue the mirrors during production? The panels are moulded for them, so isn't a last minute attachment. Does it look too weird to some people in car or robot mode to have them, to need them detachable?
    They don't seem to be in the way of the transformation or posing... so it just seems odd that they didn't come attached.
    My guess is that they were designed to be detachable to give fans the choice of making him cartoon accurate (he has no mirrors present from what I recall/have seen in either mode) or more realistic to match a real life Lancia Stratos Turbo 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravagecat View Post
    My guess is that they were designed to be detachable to give fans the choice of making him cartoon accurate (he has no mirrors present from what I recall/have seen in either mode) or more realistic to match a real life Lancia Stratos Turbo 5.
    ^This seems the most plausible to me.

Comparison of 'toon & MP Wheeljack...

I transformed this toy from car to robot step by step, and at the last stage one of the mirrors came off, so I just removed the other one to make it look more show-like in the final robot mode (then stuck 'em back on when I was done).

That's awesome. Didn't you also make a Sideswipe one a while back?
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Damn! I opened MP Bumblebee earlier today and was suitably impressed. Then I opened MP Wheeljack....

... oh sweet Lord Primus he is cool! His alt mode looks so similar to his G1 toy that I unconsciously went to play with his rear spoiler as it was always loose and coming off on my G1 toy. I really don't see how they could have done his alt-mode better than they have, just bloody awesome! The only detraction for me is that his little wings cant come out the the undersides of the car like the G1 toy - that was meant to be the whole reason he could glide long distances in car mode (though I only saw him do it once, in the "Trans-Europe Express" episode and even then he didn't deploy them and Motormaster seemed to glide better )

Robot mode is great! I see now why they gave him that toolbox thing, so that it could be used to create his shoulder cannon. To be honest the missile sticks out a little too far for me, a slightly stubbier one would have been better. I would also have liked the option of having his G1 toy twin shoulder cannons, but I suppose like the car wings this figure is meant to represent the cartoon - not the toy. But for the most part it is very good indeed, I was particularly impressed with his head sculpt and the fact he has regular arms instead of the gorilla-like ones his old toy had. A little shorter than the other MP cars, but very well balanced, poseable and proportioned.

Overall - excellent! A really great figure with a good transformation and two awesome modes! Very pleased to have gotten him

Peekaboo!

You will need to use a miniature cross-head screwdriver to remove the screw from the back of Wheeljack's head. A pretty neat Easter Egg and a nice nod to Transformers Animated. It'd be neat if there were a chase variant "clean shaven" face that looked more like TF Prime Wheeljack.

^ Someone should seriously do a mock movie poster of Face-Off starring Wheeljack
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]