Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: AusPost launching a US mail forwarding service

New Zealand Post launched a similar service in November 2012 and I use it almost extensively now for all USA purchases, as it has been in most causes cheaper to pay for USA to USA postage and then USA to New Zealand, than direct.

However the 'base fee' for the New Zealand version is 1/2 the cost of this, and the 500g is is a few dollars cheaper - minimum cost is $17.25 + they also offer a multiple parcel discount of $6

True consolidated shipping is also coming soon.

Never used it for Amazon or HTS parcels you can't be sure that those stores will use a small outbox or spilt the shipment

Also, take time to read their shipping restrictions and their Rates and Fees.

Fortunately the batteries in Transformers toys aren't Lithium based, but if they ever do, those might have a problem.
    I would say that Megatron guns have the potential to be prohibited if they open up the box and see one... so perhaps avoid using this service if you are buying a Megatron gun from America.

Hmmm... they don't allow food items.
    (I sometimes like to buy limited edition themed items, like Christmas or Halloween candy)

Quote Originally Posted by Zippo View Post
    New Zealand Post launched a similar service in November 2012 and I use it almost extensively now for all USA purchases, as it has been in most causes cheaper to pay for USA to USA postage and then USA to New Zealand, than direct.

However the 'base fee' for the New Zealand version is 1/2 the cost of this, and the 500g is is a few dollars cheaper - minimum cost is $17.25 + they also offer a multiple parcel discount of $6

True consolidated shipping is also coming soon.

Never used it for Amazon or HTS parcels you can't be sure that those stores will use a small outbox or spilt the shipment
    Amazon has free shipping within US and looks to allow you to use different shipping addresses (like for gifts), so should be possible.
    Hasbro Toy Shop though, last time I checked, won't sell to anyone who doesn't have a US billing address to the Credit Card they use. That was two years ago, so maybe check to see if it is still in force.

Nice to have that option there for you, with the more limited and more expensive domestic range than we have here.

This is so exciting, particularly with the ebay Global Shipping Program that costs a lot and doesn't combine purchases.

Brilliant

So many options now.....

All those US ToysRUs exclusives... might now be easier, without having to deal with their problematic and unreliable iParcel 3rd party shipping.
    (and US Target exclusives too)

I think I'm actually salivating at the thought of what this opens up for me...

Won't this make harvey norman angry that auspost is encouraging people to buy items from the us??? we'll hear them badger the gov for import tax again...

I registered, and it gives an Oregon postal address to use.

To get around the restriction of some places that don't ship to POBox addresses, they use a "Suite" number at their Oregon address that then relates to each account/person.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Hasbro Toy Shop though, last time I checked, won't sell to anyone who doesn't have a US billing address to the Credit Card they use. That was two years ago, so maybe check to see if it is still in force.
    its still the case as of a month or so ago when I tried to order the Kreon set.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

From the ShopMate website FAQ, for sites like HTS, you might be able to add the ShopMate US address as one of your billing addresses, allowing those sites to process your credit card...

How do I order from a US merchant that does not accept Australian credit cards?
    You should contact your bank or credit card provider to see if they can add your ShopMate address as a secondary billing address on your account.

I registered, and it gives an Oregon postal address to use.

To get around the restriction of some places that don't ship to POBox addresses, they use a "Suite" number at their Oregon address that then relates to each account/person.
    What is the address, it will be interesting to see if it is the same warehouse is NZ Post

14601 North Bybee Lake Court
    Suite NZxxxxxx
    Portland, OR

I used my address for one item from Amazon via free postage. I knew it wouldn't be spilt into multiple shipments but was worried about the external box size. For those types of items, I would use it again if Amazon didn't ship direct.