Page 475 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 455465470471472473474475476477478479480485495 ... LastLast
Results 4,741 to 4,750 of 10406

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    Yeah, I do know what you mean by the lack of precision.

Targetting using the 360 controller was fine, it just took me awhile to get used to, and just to deal with the fact that I can't be as precise as I'd like.

It depends on the quality of the game as to whether or not that's a dealbreaker for me, and WFC certainly won me over.
    Anyways thanks for answering my question. I guess free aiming with the PS3 controller it is. I hope I can naturally get into it with FOC as aiming with the controller almost felt as awkward as trying to use a calculator while wearing boxing gloves.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    No, nothing like that at all.

He's simply working for them now. No such plans.
    Or...

We've stumbled onto a big conspiracy!

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

What do we actually know about Regeneration One story?

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Not much, and tfwiki has a few preliminary details... and is probably the best place to keep checking back on any new plot details as they are known.

Just picked up IDW US Classics Vols 1 & 2 and just started reading them.

But I had a quick flick through and noticed the date of the later issues in volume 2 are post the '86 movie, yet they don't seem to include any of the characters from the film. Without giving too much away (first time reading these comics), do the comics eventually follow in the footsteps of the film or do they continue to be completely independent story lines?

Cheers

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sworc View Post
    Just picked up IDW US Classics Vols 1 & 2 and just started reading them.

But I had a quick flick through and noticed the date of the later issues in volume 2 are post the '86 movie, yet they don't seem to include any of the characters from the film. Without giving too much away (first time reading these comics), do the comics eventually follow in the footsteps of the film or do they continue to be completely independent story lines?

Cheers
    Not really.

There was a miniseries done at the time by Marvel, of the film, but that was it, it wasn't in continuity.

Otherwise, the US comics just continued as was. Hot Rod was basically just another soldier.

The UK series did a lot more with the concepts we see in the movie, and had some great stories.

There was also an issue (#43) that was a straight adaptation of a post-movie cartoon episode (The Big Broadcast of 2006). Totally random since the US comic was not based on the cartoon. Titan didn't reprint it in their collections (except for a two page summary in the Space Pirates UK collection) so I'm not sure if IDW has/will.

Quote Originally Posted by Sworc View Post
    JBut I had a quick flick through and noticed the date of the later issues in volume 2 are post the '86 movie, yet they don't seem to include any of the characters from the film. Without giving too much away (first time reading these comics), do the comics eventually follow in the footsteps of the film or do they continue to be completely independent story lines?
    The US comic continues in real time, so the 1986 and 1987 characters show up in the eighties rather than 2005-6. Kup, Hot Rod, Blurr, Galvatron and Unicron are still important characters in the US comics, but Cyclonus, Scourge, Wreck-Gar, Arcee and Springer are not. Ratbat is a much bigger character in the US comics than he is in the cartoon.

The post-movie characters who do appear in the comics only do so when the story jumps to the future world of 2006-08, and when characters from that future travel back to present day 1986-87. Wibbly wobbly timey wimey.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    The post-movie characters who do appear in the comics only do so when the story jumps to the future world of 2006-08, and when characters from that future travel back to present day 1986-87. Wibbly wobbly timey wimey.
    Nice Dr who quote there hehe
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast