Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456789 ... LastLast

Thread: MP Hound revealed

Yep. Definitely getting this one.

Quote Originally Posted by hYpNoS View Post
    What about the dessert decepticon redeco g1 hound had?
    That's Detritus. I wonder if he'll be an exclusive, like Tigertrack and G2 Bumblebee, or a general retail release, like Road Rage, Delta Magnus and Artfire.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    Yay!

I always thought Takara would do Hound eventually, how hard is it for them to get a Jeep licensee again.
    The G1 vehicle is supposedly a Mitsubishi J59, which was made under licence from Jeep. Perhaps TakaraTOMY just got the licence from Mitsubishi. It would help that they already have a working relationship with Mitsubishi from licencing the Fuso T951 for Inferno and Grapple.

Then again, Hasbro/TakaraTOMY have been able to licence Jeep designs in the past, with Alternators Hound, Swindle, and Rollbar. Also, Shogo Hasui said that it was easier to negotiate with vehicle manufacturers since TakaraTOMY had the Tomica brand, which produces licensed replicas of cars and has relationships with many manufacturers.

Wow that looks great. I just looked at my Fanstoys Hound with the pics. They got him Soooo close. As good as this is I'm not sure if it's worth getting. In other cases I replaced 3rd party for real. Like Inferno and Grapple. But this is so close and Fantoys has Die cast.
    Last edited by VERT; 30th July 2018 at 12:55 PM.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by VERT View Post
    Wow that looks great. I just looked at my Fanstoys Hound with the pics. They got to Soooo close. As good as this is I'm not sure if it's worth getting. In other cases I replaced 3rd party for real. Like Inferno and Grapple. But this is so close and Fantoys has Die cast.
    You find there are a few anti diecast fans and Fantoys in general. So this will be their choice by default.

Not going into third party, I think this is definitely welcome and hopefully tt gets the rest done.

For licensing, there was never an issue. People seem to make a case and it became a legend that this was the case. There has never been any official report that tt was slowed down due to licensing issues at all. In fact it ponder you to think about insecticons that doesn’t require licensing and other bots that are not yet made into MPs and we start making our own assumptions and theories behind the delay.

Kranix is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

This is pure speculation but since there was apparently solid info that Hound was to be released a few years ago but disappeared, I wonder if he hadn't been bumped back to be redone to be more toon accurate to match the new MP line direction.

Personally I don't think I can hold back on purchasing this guy, he is one of my most desired MP but I do actually want a more detailed version in a darker green and my suspicion is Takara may actually give us this as a + repaint instead of the Detritus version most people expect. I don't usually do doubles, although I have two MP-10 and MP-12 but didn't count on holding on to both of these extras.

I'm liking this a lot, but I think I might be holding out for the darker toy coloured version(assuming they do one).

not sure about the bar his shoulder launcher is sitting on, it looks a bit out of place.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Galvatran Guest

"We're gonna need a bigger boat".

He looks great. Good to get another colour on the MP Autobot shelf.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

So um.. Anyone have any idea when preorders at the likes of HLJ, Amazon JP, etc are supposed to start?

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    So um.. Anyone have any idea when preorders at the likes of HLJ, Amazon JP, etc are supposed to start?
    Hmmm, don't think it's been announced yet. Haven't seen any articles about him on the Japanese news sites I frequent.

Have any of you stopped to think that a MP Hound might be what we want, but not what we need?

I mean, isn't what we really need an environmentally sustainable plan to energy shortages, peace in the middle east, a more equitable distribution of wealth on both a national and international level, more understanding of....

...ah frag it!

F**k all that! I wants me a Masterpiece Hound! My oath I does!