Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The last shuddering gasp of Toys R Us Australia

Popped in today and saw that the baskets were half price at $3.50... and they said that it was too difficult to scratch/remove the logo from them, so sold them intact.

A nice little souvenir, and will be very useful at home when pulling out toys to play with, or putting away the pile of toys that constantly grows on my kitchen bench.

On the TRU website, different stores are closing on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

The store that I went to today had a lot of their non-toy items at the front of the store, including price scanners, boxes of shelf pegs, posting padded satchels, and security tags... plus price tags on all of the shelving.

Still a good selection of Star Wars, Marvel, Ninjago Minifigures, Pokémon and The Last Knight deluxe Berserkers at TRU Cannington.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    Still a good selection of Star Wars, Marvel, Ninjago Minifigures, Pokémon and The Last Knight deluxe Berserkers at TRU Cannington.
    ftfy

Parramatta had all the toys that are left at the front of the store across two sets of shelves, there isn't much left at all, mostly StarWars stuff nobody wants.

Finally got my basket from TRU Garden City, third time was the charm, they're selling everything, except for the impact poster stand, which would be great to have, but they are selling fixtures, toys are extremely scarce, no TF's but still some star wars there.

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBuyer View Post
    Were the Barricades finally gone?
    Yeah, unless they find the one that went into an empty box. I did find one last weekend in one of those toy stacking trolleys. It was also open but all contents were in there and still tied down so that came home with me. Maybe they find things under shelves and stuff.

Galvatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by miles_prower View Post
    Finally got my basket from TRU Garden City, third time was the charm, they're selling everything, except for the impact poster stand, which would be great to have, but they are selling fixtures, toys are extremely scarce, no TF's but still some star wars there.
    About a week ago TRU Highpoint had the Impact Poster Stand on hold for someone who paid & needed to pick it up.

While I was at the register today to pay for my basket, a women was arguing with the staff for several minutes about a pram she bought at half price, was missing an accessory, and she wanted her money back... despite a lot of signage in the last month or so saying that there were no returns if a product isn't faulty (which this wasn't, as it was only missing a detachable accessory). She was even told that she could make potentially double her money if she sold it off, as it was meant to be a very popular brand.
    I could seen another staff member (unrelated to this matter) had appeared to have recently been overcome emotionally... considering how empty the store was now, and that she probably had to find a new job (she wasn't young, so might have been with the business for a while, and her age would make it harder for her to get a new job, especially in retail where her experience lies), but here we had a self-centred customer, complaining for ages about a small "accessory" missing from an item that she had saved hundreds of dollars on.

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    While I was at the register today to pay for my basket, a women was arguing with the staff for several minutes about a pram she bought at half price, was missing an accessory, and she wanted her money back... despite a lot of signage in the last month or so saying that there were no returns if a product isn't faulty (which this wasn't, as it was only missing a detachable accessory). She was even told that she could make potentially double her money if she sold it off, as it was meant to be a very popular brand.
    I could seen another staff member (unrelated to this matter) had appeared to have recently been overcome emotionally... considering how empty the store was now, and that she probably had to find a new job (she wasn't young, so might have been with the business for a while, and her age would make it harder for her to get a new job, especially in retail where her experience lies), but here we had a self-centred customer, complaining for ages about a small "accessory" missing from an item that she had saved hundreds of dollars on.
    As a retail worker I see this behavior all too often, "its all about me, the customer, I don't care about your feelings, situation, limitations, I want what I want and I'm gonna make a scene until either I get what I want or the cops are called", and its not limited to just "customers",I've seen fast food managers in uniform obliterating super market workers, you either cave or you better have some real backbone.

I hope somewhere out there offers a bit of hope for that particular worker, I actually know the difficulties of getting and holding a job past the age of 21.

Quote Originally Posted by hYpNoS View Post
    As a retail worker I see this behavior all too often, "its all about me, the customer, I don't care about your feelings, situation, limitations, I want what I want and I'm gonna make a scene until either I get what I want or the cops are called", and its not limited to just "customers",I've seen fast food managers in uniform obliterating super market workers, you either cave or you better have some real backbone.
    Know this is issue quite well myself. I hate dealing with self-indulgent & egocentrical people

Went by Highpoint TRU for the last time the other night and my partner got a little misty eyed as she was remembering when she was kid a funny memory about her sister there. I made it a point to tell all the staff that served me that I wished them all the best and luck with future work and endevours.

On a side note, does anyone else remember what the store used to be before TRU took the space (if its not a stand alone store that is). There used to be a department store called Venture back in the day.
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot