Page 447 of 481 FirstFirst ... 427437442443444445446447448449450451452457467 ... LastLast
Results 4,461 to 4,470 of 4804

Thread: I need to vent!

We are not due the NBN for at least a year, but the alst month our internet has been patchy to connect and when it i, its so slow, we cannot stream Netflix. I can't even get the PSN store to load (thankfully I don't play any online games).

Been in contact with the ISP, they claim there is nothing at their end... very doubtful of that, as there is nothing wrong with the cabling and there have been no other changes.

It's a bit conspiracy theory, but I think because we are on an unlimited data TPG plan (the idea of having unlimited makes me laugh, at our speeds, we are severely limited!) we may be getting throttled when we are online in peak times and I think they don't care about our connection because we are on an "old" plan.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Also, I'm just about to lodge a complaint with my ISP because I'm on a 100/40 service and I've been doing speed tests every day for over a week and haven't gone above 10Mbps down and 5Mbps up.

I have fibre to the premesis and can't stream Netflix some nights

They've obviously throttled my speed because 12 months ago speed tests were coming back at 96Mbps down and 32 up.
    Because they didn't buy enough bandwidth. Look up cvc. The speeds are also advertised as up to. This is exactly why you do not get an unlimited plan, nor go with any isp that offers one.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

Regarding NBN speeds, most providers overfill their supply like people smugglers fill boats. That is often the cause of slowdowns and if it is, then you have to research this and change providers.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

AAARGGGHHHH!!!! It cost me $55.50 to post a bx5 box that weighs 2.08kgs. Is this accurate?

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    AAARGGGHHHH!!!! It cost me $55.50 to post a bx5 box that weighs 2.08kgs. Is this accurate?
    I'm not an expert on Auspost by any means but I had to send a router that weighed in at about 2kgs from Gladstone in QLD to Melbourne VIC about 2 years ago and it cost me almost $40. Inflation maybe? Distance maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I'm not an expert on Auspost by any means but I had to send a router that weighed in at about 2kgs from Gladstone in QLD to Melbourne VIC about 2 years ago and it cost me almost $40. Inflation maybe? Distance maybe?
    The woman said the prices went up last month. Need to re adjust my postage quotes lol I thought she may have charged the wrong weight I guess not

It can depend on the postcode.

But I just posted a BX20 that weighed 5kgs for $45 to Victoria.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

The woman said the prices went up last month. Need to re adjust my postage quotes lol I thought she may have charged the wrong weight I guess not
    Oh, just noticed your location info says you're in WA. Any postage outside the eastern states can get really pricey.

That's why we have groups of people from Perth on these boards that do a group buy of Takara items to split the postage cost among many items. I bought my MP5 Megatron from an importer in Perth when he first came out, about $30 on postage for that if memory serves.

The last of the Fuzzy Wuzzy Angels has passed away. I wonder if there'll be much (if any) mention of this on Anzac Day.

Lest We Forget.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    The last of the Fuzzy Wuzzy Angels has passed away. I wonder if there'll be much (if any) mention of this on Anzac Day.

Lest We Forget.
    I hope it does get a mention