0 0%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not even interested

1 6.67%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - Studio Series 18 Bumblebee

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    you must have the Classics Bumblebee mold. Would it be hypothetically possible to swap the heads between the two? Or, say, if the Classics head was a smidge narrower?
    I reckon that Classics Bumblebee's head would be too big. That head is too big to fit on 2012's Fall of Cybertron Bumblebee. Studio Series 18 Bumblebee is a very small Deluxe figure (being in scale with other SS toys), so I highly doubt that Classics Bumblebee's head would fit.

P.S.: by fit I mean that it's possible to attach the head on robot mode but it's too big to tuck in during transformation. I've placed my FOC Cliffjumper's head on my Classics Cliffjumper's body, but not vice versa. I display my FOC Cliffjumper in vehicle mode - I had intended on having Classics Cliffjumper's head inside FOC Cliffjumper's vehicle form, but it was much too big. So currently my FOC Cliffjumper sits in car mode while Classics Cliffjumper's head is in storage. You might be able to fit Classics Bumblebee's head onto SS Bumblebee's body in robot mode only, but I highly doubt that it would ever transform into car mode unless you remove the head.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I reckon that Classics Bumblebee's head would be too big. That head is too big to fit on 2012's Fall of Cybertron Bumblebee. Studio Series 18 Bumblebee is a very small Deluxe figure (being in scale with other SS toys), so I highly doubt that Classics Bumblebee's head would fit.

P.S.: by fit I mean that it's possible to attach the head on robot mode but it's too big to tuck in during transformation. I've placed my FOC Cliffjumper's head on my Classics Cliffjumper's body, but not vice versa. I display my FOC Cliffjumper in vehicle mode - I had intended on having Classics Cliffjumper's head inside FOC Cliffjumper's vehicle form, but it was much too big. So currently my FOC Cliffjumper sits in car mode while Classics Cliffjumper's head is in storage. You might be able to fit Classics Bumblebee's head onto SS Bumblebee's body in robot mode only, but I highly doubt that it would ever transform into car mode unless you remove the head.
    Cheers Gok.

Not my favourite SS figure, but still a good entry in the series anyway.

For me, the most successful SS figures have been the ones with a complicated transformation, but one that works smoothly and locks in nice and neat in both modes - that's not something this one does straight out of the box. Way too gappy in car mode, and too much massaging of parts to get it there. I think some filing down of a few tabs will do wonders for him though, especially the way the door-side panels lock in, and that back window area.

Also, there's a lot of translucent plastic on this figure, with a lot of it showing very slight signs of stress already. The door-wings in bot mode are theoretically removable to give him a more movie accurate look, but I think doing that will weaken the hinges very quickly.

I'm not a fan of movie designs but I'm really hoping the Bee movie turns out to actually be good, and I thought this dude looked pretty cool so I picked him up. Really glad I did, because he's great. Love the face swap, love the weapons - just a fun little guy.

Also, as a decrepit old man, it makes me very happy to see a new VW Bee. Admittedly I haven't yet tried to get him into alt mode - I've heard a lot of people complaining about the transformation.

Picked up SS VW Bumblebee over the weekend.

I like the figure a lot, even if the transformation process is a bit fiddly and very reliant on tabs aligning correctly. The vehicle mode looks really nice if you manage to get all the tabs holding it together.

One issue I have and had with the SS Camaro Bumblebee also, is the inconsistent shade of yellow applied to the figure. On my figures, the paint on clear plastic is noticeably lighter than the shade of yellow used in the dyed plastic. Not a deal breaker, but still annoying.

It really gets me how people look to bad reviewers in YouTube to work out how to transform these, and when the review shows the wrong way, they continue on oblivious to how things should be...

The rear-most roof doesn’t rest in the grey tab on the back... it goes up past this and the grey tab sits in the middle roof price, allowing the bonnet to sit flush with the doors down Bees back.

If you don’t get the roof to this second point, the spare parts can’t be stored as intended

How does the car mode compare to mp-21 bumblebee?

For a retool of the TLK Bee engineering (for the second time in SS) this guy still feels super fresh-love the new heads and accessories, they are awesome!

The fact everything stores underneath in car mode is nice, but have to agree, the transformation was far more painful than SS TF1 Bee and I really don't enjoy that much-though the end result is a cute looking car (that does hold after you spend 10 mins squishing it all together lol).

But I keep most of my TFs in robot mode 99% of the time so that doesn't bother me! Can't wait to pit him against Dropkick and Shatter (and praying for Blitzwing hahaha)!

Does look good with the Tarkara Legendary OP.

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    How does the car mode compare to mp-21 bumblebee?

I'm with Gok on this one. The complexity, accessories and attention to detail in this figure elevate it beyond a normal deluxe (and more than justify it's small stature).

This is a nifty little figure. A pocket Masterpiece, almost.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.