Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast

Thread: January '08 Acquisitions

crikey iceburn! that's a mad arrival in one day!

i thought you have something more important and smaller to buy?? or has that already been done?

Quote Originally Posted by Saintly View Post
    crikey iceburn! that's a mad arrival in one day!

i thought you have something more important and smaller to buy?? or has that already been done?
    yeah..it was a crazy lot :P
    nah...gave up those buys as was unable to sell the botcon set...

Went for a shopping hunt last Saturday with iceburn cause I had to wait 5 hours for my BF while he did his IELTS test. Popped by Knox and Kmart Burwood, nothing interesting. The shelves in Myer were mostly empty. P.S: Sorry paul, I just hadn't had time to arrange for a meetup. Will be down on Australia day if you wanna pass me ALT Prowl.

Anyway, I finally grabbed the new wave of legends from TRU. Then we also found some christmas TF shopping bags going for 50% off. And I got the IR Bumblebee from iceburn. We saw some Optimus Prime ones "hiding" in a corner for $19.99 from TRU. Also grabbed the Movie Screen Battles from iceburn cause I held them in my hands and I couldn't resist them!

And finally, what most people would already have as well; Encore Ironhide and Ratchet. Gotta say I'm really disappointed at the quality.
    ~ JuzMel ~
    My son is taking over all my TFs!

Really? What disappoints you about their quality? Overall I'd say they're an improvement over the originals.

TheDirtyDigger Guest

I heard there was bit of a chrome-rape on these ones.
    Can people owning both originals and encore confirm or deny these rumours?

benben2142 Guest

I ordered encore ironhide and tm beast convoy on hlj but it said the order will be taken at the 14th and that I will get an e-mail from then to comfirm.

Quote Originally Posted by benben2142 View Post
    I ordered encore ironhide and tm beast convoy on hlj but it said the order will be taken at the 14th and that I will get an e-mail from then to comfirm.
    Yeah, HLJ takes one day to confirm an order. You should get your email today. I'd say within two hours. I always get my confirmations at about 2pm Melbourne time, which if you're QLD, I think is 1pm your time.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDigger View Post
    I heard there was bit of a chrome-rape on these ones.
    Can people owning both originals and encore confirm or deny these rumours?
    nope no chrome rape on the reissue, I think the only thing is the feel of the plastic is much less i quality than the original... well for me that was the first thing I noticed. But then the plastic formula they would have used then and now I guess would have been "improved" ( open to debate of course). Everything is exactly same TDD. a few improvements is some of the "before were stickers" decals are now printed on the plastic decals. Er somebody do a review on these please... calling GOK..

And also new Acquisition for me - TF Monopoly, yaaaay. Unexpected find in Kmart Stanhope Village shopping center.. they've got lots more too. AFAIS.
    no pics - you guys know how it looks anyhow hehehehe

oh its $60 as well FYI.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

TheDirtyDigger Guest

But then the plastic formula they would have used then and now I guess would have been "improved" ( open to debate of course).
    In the instance of reissue Grapple vs. original Grapple I found the plastic quality of the original to be far better in terms of both colour and density. Original was noticably far superior to the new reissue.

I'll be doing a review on Ironhide/Ratchet when I get the e-Hobby versions so I can do the whole thing in one she-bang. But yeah, there's just as much chrome on the Encores as much as on the originals. You can see a shot of my original Ratchet and Ironhide with the Encores in the TF G1/Movie toy comparison thread.

As for original Grapple vs reissues... I only have the Hasblo reissue which is chrome and launcher mechanism raped but otherwise seems as good as the original. See dirge's review for a comparison with the Takara reissue (under 'variations').