Thread: TFsource refund query

Default TFsource refund query

Hi guys , i just need some advice on this issue. Previously i preorder the Green Giant from Tfsource since december 2014 and my credit card was charged. So i had paid up my credit card since January 2015 to prevent interest from bank.
    Today i received an email from TFsource saying "Your credit card payment has been reversed and you item will not be shipped" .But when i check on my credit card online statement, i have not see any credited to my account? Or i need to wait few days before the bank will only clarify that they have refunded me?

Give it at least 2 days for it to show on your statement that it has been reversed.

If that doesn't happen... i'd be getting- not happy- to say the least!

If nothing comes through after a few days, email them back and tell them you haven't received the refund.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

I'd allow 5 working days for a refund to be issued to your account.

Also, when you paid it off, was it listed as "pending"?

It was not longer pending, i was charged ever since December 2014. Kinda upset with the service from TFsource. But i will follow the advice you guys gave me and wait maximum 5 days and see will there be any changes in my credit card statement.. Guess i learnt my lesson not to buy from Tfsource.

Quote Originally Posted by mentious View Post
    It was not longer pending, i was charged ever since December 2014. Kinda upset with the service from TFsource. But i will follow the advice you guys gave me and wait maximum 5 days and see will there be any changes in my credit card statement.. Guess i learnt my lesson not to buy from Tfsource.
    A lot of places charge up front in full for pre-order items (Robot Kingdom for example). I try to avoid them as much as possible, but that's a personal choice - others like it for budgeting, etc.

TF Source seem to have been unable to supply Giant Type-61 for you, but perhaps their communication wasn't great.

It's industry standard for credit cards to take a few days for refunds. Hell, I spent money at K-Mart on the weekend and it only hit my card yesterday. Such is the nature of credit cards.

I'd figure out exactly what your issue is before calling a company a scam. Not only is it poor form, but in the case of credit card transactions, it's not at all their fault. If your issue is more about they lack of ability to supply, then it's a whole other issue.

Don't mean to be a jerk, just trying to pass on some info!

Yeah probably just a case where there is a delay in the refund. Happens every now and again with not just TFSource but other sites as well. Sometimes they just can't manage to get the stock they ordered.

In any event I've used them before and never had an issue. I wouldn't go about calling them a scam. They seem to be quite a reputable business. They won't purposefully retain your funds.

On a side note, given the recent decline in the $ you might actually make money off the refund!

As others have said, CC refunds come through some period after the counterparty has initiated the refund.

For example, I bought from a chinese website, who then told me that they didn't ship to Australia (despite the website letting me purchase and ship to the an Australian address from a drop down menu haha).

They said it'd take 1-7 business days, but I got the refund the following Tuesday (the refund process was initiated the previous Friday).

So as others have said, give it a week and see where it goes, then it might be worth following up with your CC issuer

(topic title edited to remove the suggestive accusation of "scam" on the online store, when the post was actually asking about banking transfer/deposit times that are beyond TFsource's control - all credit card refunds, like cheques, take 2-5 business days to process... allegedly so that banks keep the money in limbo to profit from all that accumulated interest)

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    allegedly so that banks keep the money in limbo to profit from all that accumulated interest)
    And that is where the real scam lies!