Page 10 of 120 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314152030 ... LastLast

Thread: Things you never realised about Transformers (toys etc)

Quote Originally Posted by KalEl View Post
    yeah omega is kind of expensive
    Coz he is better than the rest..

Speaking of the Unicron trilogy, I am playing through the Armada game on PS2 and am up to the fight against Tidal Wave. I just blasted him in the face twice with 'Hailstorm' who gives cluster rockets (four rockets in one shot) and Tidal wave waggled his finger at me, and calmly stepped out of range of ALL of my weapons, then he proceeded to barrage my position with a LOT of mortar fire.

Brilliant!

I'd never seen him waggle and retreat like that before. I've played this game plenty of times, and got it from release. So, in 8 years he whipped out something new for me! Amazing!

Now I just have to tempt the guy to get back in close. More hiding behind mountains I guess...

^that is very cool. I like when they add extra behaviours like that.

I've been looking at pics of RID Optimus Prime and saw his vechical mode without his armour attached. I lol'd at the red tuk tuk he forms I don't own the figure of course (or seen the show) but I never expected to see that lololol!
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Energon Grimlock has heel spurs! WHAAAAT? Why didn't I see this before???
    I had the same epiphany about 6 months ago. I like the figure, except maybe for the lack of waist line and the arms falling down, I sorted that issue out
    And he looks way nicer with the classics Grimlock head

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Deonasis View Post
    I've been looking at pics of RID Optimus Prime and saw his vechical mode without his armour attached. I lol'd at the red tuk tuk he forms I don't own the figure of course (or seen the show) but I never expected to see that lololol!
    The front section can actually roll as a tuk-tuk too, because the pistol forms a third supportive wheel! The vehicle mode itself is a Hino Brandbilar

Stumbled across this site while searching for images of the Beast Wars Trading Cards... it has images of various Transformers collectible stickers and cards dating back to 1980s G1 to Galaxy Force 2005!

Just re-discovered (I think, it could be new, but I am going to assume I knew before) that Super-Con Optimus from Armada can have Over-run mounted on the back of his truck for a little artillery truck.

What an awesome toy!!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    For example, Hasbro Australia actually did receive First Edition toys which they pitched to retailers, but none of the retailers submitted an order of sufficient size (apparently one retailer only wanted to order 500 for their stores, which is too small an order to make it worthwhile for Hasbro AU to import and distribute), so the FE toys just ended up sitting at Hasbro AU (not sure if they've kept them or sent them back).
    This now makes more sense after SDCC yesterday announcing a second attempt at releasing First Edition to stores later this year.
    These FE samples would have been for the upcoming November release, not the first released (Dec 2011 - Feb 2012)... which was when Hasbro were saying that they didn't even try to import them.
    So at least on this occasion, it wasn't them changing their story - it was actually two different instances they were referring to. First time no, second time, tried but failed to impress the retailers.

(I doubt they would have had more than a dozen samples though... which would probably occur with any new line - and probably end up going to the homes of someone at Hasbro or the retailer Reps they were given to.)

whenever I saw pictures of first edition cliffjumper online or watched video reviews of him his chest always kinda bugged me since it barely split and looked basically like Cliff had a big square block for his chest, actually having him in hand I discovered that his chest actually splits much further than pictures had me believe and that if you push the rear headlights up a little further on his chest they are actually molded to push the car roof halvs back at an angle to give cliff a bigger split in his chest and a more angled look to his chest really happy with how he looks now

edit: pics
    Before After

Before After

not a huge differance but I feel he does look better now
    Last edited by Firestorm; 25th July 2012 at 01:39 PM. Reason: add pictures

Does it affect the transformation?

not at all, this isn't a kitbash, you just push the rear headlights up a little further to hold the roof halves apart