Thread: Classic Ozformers Newsletters - Issue #3 (Dec 1996)

Default Classic Ozformers Newsletters - Issue #3 (Dec 1996)

Issue 3 of our newsletter now had an official title, and 21 members.

Hmm...
    Certainly seems like Beast Wars was a cauldron of thought when it came to Genders and Transformers; funny how things have not greatly changed beyond a couple of Official Narratives challenging the subject.

Also, quite an intriguing and rather mature themed Fanfic by 'Andrew' - I liked the characterisation of the certain Decepticon Vehicle; the character's efforts to comprehend human thoughts, beliefs and customs was quite engaging and the results were quite pleasing to my... slightly Decepticon-bent sensibilities.

Oh, I thought I'd take the time to have a light-hearted crack at the 'Colouring-Puzzle':
    (First bit of colouring in I've done in many, many a moon )

The clue to his name's Roman origin gave it away almost immediately.

Well done in being able to stay between the lines Hursti. I'm gonna print that off and stick it on the fridge
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Well done in being able to stay between the lines Hursti. I'm gonna print that off and stick it on the fridge
    Lol
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

For the tools I had at the time, I'm still amazed that it actually worked out as it was intended. I was only young at the time, and the newsletter was meant to be a fun thing for others to enjoy, kinda like the UK comics. It wasn't meant to be too serious, and I kept trying to think up different games that weren't too difficult, because not everyone in the club was an old time fan (and some were only young too).

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    LOL, thank you Uncle Death Punch.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    For the tools I had at the time, I'm still amazed that it actually worked out as it was intended. I was only young at the time, and the newsletter was meant to be a fun thing for others to enjoy, kinda like the UK comics. It wasn't meant to be too serious, and I kept trying to think up different games that weren't too difficult, because not everyone in the club was an old time fan (and some were only young too).
    I think it you did amazingly well man, especially for the time - The puzzles are a bit of harmless fun that I think is often missed/over looked these days but I guess it's always dependant on the target demographic and context i.e. on these Newsletters they worked but on the Collector's Club magazines? - well...