Page 406 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 386396401402403404405406407408409410411416426 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,060 of 10407

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Besides ebay and being lucky enough to get in first on member's sales. Where do you guys get all your boxed G1 figures? Especially for those that collect the Japanese versions? And is there any precautions you practice to avoid accidentally purchasing knock offs?

Having just recently bought the RiD/ Car Robots Ruination/ Bruticus I saw that both Blastoff and Vortex have ball joints on the shoulders (Which I didn't know they had and assumed they were remolded). Having a look at the G1 I noticed they also have ball joints. This being a suprise as I didn't know/ think G1's had ball joints. Were there any other G1's that had/ have ball joints?

how often do legends go on sale? i remember the last few waves of rotf (jolt, arcee, override[?]) were all selling for ~$3 at one point, but sales seem to be only deluxes and above these days. i kind of want to nab all three wreckers at sale prices, but not sure if they'll still be there if i hold out.

also, what do you suppose the likelihood of a weaponised topspin legion is?

Quote Originally Posted by Aqua Prime View Post
    Having just recently bought the RiD/ Car Robots Ruination/ Bruticus I saw that both Blastoff and Vortex have ball joints on the shoulders (Which I didn't know they had and assumed they were remolded). Having a look at the G1 I noticed they also have ball joints. This being a suprise as I didn't know/ think G1's had ball joints. Were there any other G1's that had/ have ball joints?
    Astrotrain

which movie toy line would you consider the best if available in all 3?
    TF Movie 1, ROTF or DOTM?

you can add details like in deluxe, leaders, scouts, legends comparison.
    LF: G1/Henkei/SOC/others
    For Sale/Trade:Misc TF Sale
    Want List: WSTs, SCF PVCs, Henkei, Classics

Quote Originally Posted by niko_milo View Post
    which tf animated toy is worth getting out of blackout or lugnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    That's like asking if you would rather have a pair of socks or a yellow dwarf sun. We need our sun. Without it, the Earth would fly out of its orbit, we would lose our gravity and die! Would you want us all to die, niko_milo? Just for a pair of socks? I think not.

I rest my case.

(Lugnut.)
    i'm glad you made that clear for the rest of us
    I only have a lugnut, I'm going to get a blackout. when I do I can give you my opinion. I do really like the Lugnut though. nice engineering and looks good in both modes. the hands are a bit disappointing but they are OK.

I think I read somewhere that Blastoff and Vortex were the first G1 toys to utilise ball joints. cool huh.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Chopshop does on his insect legs IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I think I read somewhere that Blastoff and Vortex were the first G1 toys to utilise ball joints. cool huh.
    Actually, 1984 Optimus Prime's trailer was the first to have a ball joint (the crane arm), followed in 1985 by Astrotrain, Venom, Ransack, Chop Shop, Barrage and Whirl. (Blast-Off and Vortex were part of the next wave of ball joints after that.)

Actually, 1984 Optimus Prime's trailer was the first to have a ball joint (the crane arm), followed in 1985 by Astrotrain, Venom, Ransack, Chop Shop, Barrage and Whirl. (Blast-Off and Vortex were part of the next wave of ball joints after that.)
    Thanks guys, having only owned 1 of the above figures (reissue Astrotrain) which I don't remember seeing balljoints on this is a suprise, as I always assumed balljoints were introduced as part of the Beast Wars line.

If Blast Off and Vortex had ball joints was there a reason it didn't get transferred across to Swindle and Brawl? Why did they stop at 1986?

cool, actually now I'm thinking I read that astrotrain was the first. but then you mentioned primes trailer, I think we have a winner.

Thanks guys, having only owned 1 of the above figures (reissue Astrotrain) which I don't remember seeing balljoints on this is a suprise, as I always assumed balljoints were introduced as part of the Beast Wars line.

If Blast Off and Vortex had ball joints was there a reason it didn't get transferred across to Swindle and Brawl? Why did they stop at 1986?
    That is a good question to which I say "to the wiki"
    but this time it doesn't help directly.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)