Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TF5 movie US fan event at Paramount Studios

Default TF5 movie US fan event at Paramount Studios

Looks like Paramount Pictures in LA hosted a promo event for the fans today (and probably media too), featuring vehicles, props and clips from the Last Knight movie.
    http://news.tfw2005.com/2017/03/21/t...nt-pics-335894

So jealous of the Americans who were invited to attend... and I imagine that if BotCon still existed this year, this event might have been done later to coincide with it.

That's pretty cool, I'm a bit bummed they changed the slogan on Barricades vehicle mode, I really liked 'to punish and enslave' unless it changes just for the scenes in the UK.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    That's pretty cool, I'm a bit bummed they changed the slogan on Barricades vehicle mode, I really liked 'to punish and enslave' unless it changes just for the scenes in the UK.
    I was disappointed that his knuckledusters (on the toy) say "serve" and "protect", instead of "punish" and "enslave".

I watched the Ghostheads documentary on Netflix the other night. In that they featured a special fan event where selected Ghostbusters fans were invited to a special fan event where they had props (like the Ecto-1) and got to see a trailer/new footage first. This (plus that Facebook post) reminds me of that event.

Oh, this explains why some of my US friends on FB have been posting photos and videos of themselves at this event. I thought that it was some wild coincidence that they just happened to be at the same place at the same time... meeting Michael Bay... I've had a long day.

I finally found a write-up of this fan event, and it was even more amazing than I had first thought, with a full day that started at Universal Studios with a ride on the Transformers ride to get people in the mood, and then over to Paramount Studios for a tour and a look at the vehicles and props... and finally in the afternoon they were driven over to Michael Bay's Platinum Dunes facility for a meetup with the director himself to show off the post-production process of what was filmed, and then to a nearby IMAX theatre that had been reserved for the special preview screening.

Just be aware of spoilers though as there are details about the 20-30 minutes of movie footage included in the report.

So jealous.

Also... the 20-30 minutes of preview footage, will be screening at several selected IMAX theatres in North America on April 4th, for free, and fans are to reserve tickets through a special website.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I was disappointed that his knuckledusters (on the toy) say "serve" and "protect", instead of "punish" and "enslave".
    I totally agree with you on that one.

I finally found a write-up of this fan event, and it was even more amazing than I had first thought, with a full day that started at Universal Studios with a ride on the Transformers ride to get people in the mood, and then over to Paramount Studios for a tour and a look at the vehicles and props... and finally in the afternoon they were driven over to Michael Bay's Platinum Dunes facility for a meetup with the director himself to show off the post-production process of what was filmed, and then to a nearby IMAX theatre that had been reserved for the special preview screening.

Just be aware of spoilers though as there are details about the 20-30 minutes of movie footage included in the report.

So jealous.

Also... the 20-30 minutes of preview footage, will be screening at several selected IMAX theatres in North America on April 4th, for free, and fans are to reserve tickets through a special website.
    Yep, I'm jealous too. very.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

The thing that annoys me most is how this was obviously an expensive promotional event with four different stops on the day (and probably flights and accommodation for the attendees), to not have much reported on the fansites about it.
    Surely this was supposed to be for the attendees to detail the event in order to generate more hype for the movie, but only one person that I could find posted up details and multiple photos. It certainly wasn't a prize or reward as there didn't seem to be any consistency with who attended, and they weren't prohibited from talking about the day.
    This wasn't an event for the regular media to promote to the general public, this was for the fansites to promote the movie to the dedicated fans, so I think Paramount didn't do a good job choosing the right people for this and wasted a lot of money, for pretty much no return.
    I probably would have paid to go to this if I had enough notice, and just like my BotCon reports, I would have been posting up heaps of photos and info for the benefit of all those other fans who couldn't make it.

That write up was very interesting and whilst I'm still hugely sceptical about the upcoming movie it does at least peak my interest a little.
    Insanely jealous they got to see the vehicles!

Like Griffin I would have paid my own air tickets to go to an event like this if ever offered and reported back copious amounts of detail and photos.

I really hope fans in the rest of the world are also given some kind of tempter from Paramount/Hasbro other than the London Premiere.
    I know they wouldn't bring the cars but would be great to have an event where fans on each continent got a VIP session of some sort to raise the hype for the film.

The thing that annoys me most is how this was obviously an expensive promotional event with four different stops on the day (and probably flights and accommodation for the attendees), to not have much reported on the fansites about it.
    Surely this was supposed to be for the attendees to detail the event in order to generate more hype for the movie, but only one person that I could find posted up details and multiple photos. It certainly wasn't a prize or reward as there didn't seem to be any consistency with who attended, and they weren't prohibited from talking about the day.
    This wasn't an event for the regular media to promote to the general public, this was for the fansites to promote the movie to the dedicated fans, so I think Paramount didn't do a good job choosing the right people for this and wasted a lot of money, for pretty much no return.
    I probably would have paid to go to this if I had enough notice, and just like my BotCon reports, I would have been posting up heaps of photos and info for the benefit of all those other fans who couldn't make it.
    There was an embargo on people sharing details. Saw some additional info coming up on Twitter today now that the embargo was lifted

https://twitter.com/msipher/status/846136740326883328
    Well now! I've just been given the official go-ahead to divulge way more details about what we saw at Paramount/Bay! @tfwiki