View Poll Results: What gender is (are) your child(ren)?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Boy(s)

15 40.54%
  • Girl(s)

6 16.22%
  • Both (even)

10 27.03%
  • More boys

3 8.11%
  • More girls

3 8.11%
Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 12345671222 ... LastLast

Thread: The Parenting Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Bah! Sometimes you gotta be cruel to be kind.
    Cant I just be cruel and leave it at that what's this BS about being kind.

Oh and Ive edited my post btw, I forgot the BIG NOOOOOOO on patience and tolerance part for kids, sorry about that. I like cute fat cuddly babies but once they start becoming annoying kids, nah, cant have that!
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

This is how it goes and the transformation:

Pre-pregnant: (idealistic)

[snooty] We'll do this and this and other (insert whatever flowery wanky thing here) for our child [/snooty]

Post-birth: (bogan)

Aww little shite keeps me up all night, no time to do anything. Now where the F--- is our government payments for havin' this kid? We need a new plasma to unwind in front of while the kid is sleepin', f---'n centerlink.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

If you don't want to buy your child toys cause you will steel them. Door knobs and light switches are an excellent substitute. I do that with my mates child, he wants to touch my tfs. I show him the light switch or door knob and he forgets the toys completely.

Ooooh look kid a blender!!
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

i just wing it as every day is a new adventure...

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    Ooooh look kid a blender!!
    Will it blend? Take uncle turtles toys and find out!
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

I find that kids (well atleast my kid) is only interested in a toy until they know how it works. My son has a sh*tload of toys he doesn't use because he has worked them out and he'd rather be outside with me cleaning/working on my car/pool/bbq, doing the mowing whatever the weekend chore may be.

Maybe it's the way I've raised my son but having a child is very full on. I can't understand these people who have kids just for the government money. They must have very docile children or great babysitting contacts.

PARENTAL BRAG COMING UP

Although my son is very full on and ALOT of work I am proud to say he is 2 years old can say the alphabet, count to 15 in English, 10 in italian, knows about 20-25 words in Italian and their English translation. (Not saying he only says 25 words. He only says 25 words in Italian) has advanced passed basic nursery rhymes and prefers to sing songs like "Farmer in the Dell" and knows the basic fundamentals of driving a car.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by The_Damned View Post
    i just wing it as every day is a new adventure...
    Now theres someone with a sense of adventure!

Seems you can try to program or manipulate your kids into becoming whatever ya want them too. Doesnt always work though. I think its just better to encourage them at whatever they want to do and try to give good guidance.

In all truth toys are crack for kids- that doesnt mean they dont get any but i see much better results/ outcomes from giving my kids good life experiences and encouraging them to know that the world is their oyster and will be what they make it.

I think Bartrim mentioned his son enjoys going out and helping him with dad stuff- these are the experiences that your child will remember (and hopefully cherish) for the rest of his/ her life.

Oh and while we are on the topic of advice- let it be know that two kids are easy and three are not.

Ill let you know what having four is like in July!
    -----------------------------------------------
    Collecting transformers- a good way to get poor
    Transformer count= too many

Currently in search of:
    G1 goodness

Yer a suckah for punishment. <friendly.ribbing>

Great to hear such positive comments from people's experience as parents, and very heartwarming to see Bartrim beam with parental pride. Your son sounds like he has an amazing sense of duty and responsibility at such a young age. And you _should_ be proud... in my experience as a teacher I've learnt that in the majority of cases, kids are the way they are because of their parents.

Crap parents = crap kids, Good parents = good kids

And kids are usually much easier to teach when they have good supportive parents who instill them with a strong sense of self-responsibility. So thumbs up to you Bartrim and all other parents who are doing this for their kids! If more parents were like you guys, my job would be a LOT easier.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Yer a suckah for punishment. <friendly.ribbing>

Crap parents = crap kids, Good parents = good kids

And kids are usually much easier to teach when they have good supportive parents who instill them with a strong sense of self-responsibility.
    Youve hit the nail; on the head with that comment!

Ive got a few teacher mates that would agree with you on that one totally!

And yes im a sucker for punishment and yes i have a lot more grey hair now but its worth it!
    -----------------------------------------------
    Collecting transformers- a good way to get poor
    Transformer count= too many

Currently in search of:
    G1 goodness