Page 456 of 481 FirstFirst ... 436446451452453454455456457458459460461466476 ... LastLast
Results 4,551 to 4,560 of 4804

Thread: I need to vent!

Name and shame Gok!

Ok random tired vent.

We own two horses and a Shetland pony who is for our 2 year old son. We've never had an issue with our Shetland for the 10 years we've owned him and now TWICE in a month the little bugger has tried to kill himself by getting colic (for those who don't know, colic is when horses get upset stomachs; they aren't able to vomit so they roll to try and alleviate the pain and can end up twisting their guts). The first time was the start of October and things looked very bleak; we had the option of surgery or medical intervention; we chose the latter due to expense (which is terrible, but this vet practise demands up front payment, and we're talking multi-K's here) and by some miracle just pumping him full of IV fluids and restricting his diet managed to get him good again.

Or so we thought anyway. After being on a strict diet, after work yesterday he was laying down flat out (not a great sight to see). We got him up , tried to get him eating, only for him to want to get back down and roll again. My fiancee said we'd better get the vet out and sure enough, colic again. Not as bad this time as we caught it early but still had lots of walking around (can't let the horse lay down or roll as mentioned above), 2 hourly checks..... needless to say i'm pretty shattered today.

We think that we've managed to figure out its carrots that are the culprit. Horses love carrots and apples for treats and carrots are a common staple for ours. No more carrots for him!

Horses. Great animals to own but they can REALLY do your head in.

how do you afford toys if you've got two horses and a pony!!??
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    how do you afford toys if you've got two horses and a pony!!??
    By working for a hay processing plant, having a fiancee who works with animals, and being REALLY picky with what I buy

I just bought a new horse last night. I only plan on feeding him the odd apple, oatmeal cookie and of course giving him a brush. However the way I ride horses I don't think he will last too long. Ohhhh wait, this isn't the "Console Gaming Thread" is it?

Seriously though, I worked with horses for a few years over in the US and they are buggers to maintain. My boss also owns a few horses and he is constantly bitching about them.
    Good luck to you with the carrot thing though I imagine if you stop feeding them the carrots they might get really stroppy.

There’s a good reason why Homer had to work two jobs to pay for the upkeep of Lisa’s horse.

Went to boost, upsold extra strawberries for 60c. She only put 4 strawberries in! Waste of 60c.

Housemate texts me Saturday night, I'm giving 2 weeks notice, fine when I press him for a date he says he doesn't know, he's looking.

Mate if you don't have a new place then don't give me notice.

Anyway I've decided to move out, if dipstick wants to stick around he can, he'll just have to pay the full bond, I've got no time for games.

Quote Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy View Post
    Housemate texts me Saturday night, I'm giving 2 weeks notice, fine when I press him for a date he says he doesn't know, he's looking.

Mate if you don't have a new place then don't give me notice.

Anyway I've decided to move out, if dipstick wants to stick around he can, he'll just have to pay the full bond, I've got no time for games.
    sounds like a reliable housemate...
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    sounds like a reliable housemate...
    The guy moved in without his bond and weeks rent, so I can interview people for the room but I can't give them a move date