Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: International Sightings

So these aren't toys, but just released in Crocs stores in Hong Kong - Robots in Disguise 2015 Crocs ... I brought the Optimus pair for my son (as photographed) but the other option was Bumblebee. Not cheap at HK$350 a pair but I'm a sucker for Prime and thankfully my son is too!

The crocs have been posted up as news on TFW... you should post up your photos there as well, if you haven't already.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The crocs have been posted up as news on TFW... you should post up your photos there as well, if you haven't already.
    When RID15 couldn't get any crappier
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

Well Ozformers beat them by 10 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post
    Well Ozformers beat them by 10 days.
    Yes, because we rulz...

I'm throwing this up here incase anyone is interested.
    I was in the Causeway Bay Toys R Us today and they had cleared the end of their Transformers section and replaced it with this:

SDCC Devastator and the Combiner Hunter girls ON SHELF.

They also had this guy:

He actually looks a whole lot nicer than traditional coloured OP (can't believe I'm saying that!) and has interchangeable faceplate... I almost brought him but as I tend not to collect black Primes and don't know what a good price for him is (and Toys R Us are normally more expensive than elsewhere) I reluctantly skipped getting him.

They also had CW Starscream (lots of him) and Battle Core Optimus Prime, but none of the Optimus Maximum limbs.

That's really expensive for those SDCC toys. That's about AU$300 for Devastator.

Hasbro must have produced a LOT of them to have excess at both SDCC and at the HK Con, for there to be stock being sold off at the Hasbro Toy Shop and HK TRU stores.
    Hopefully this will force Hasbro to cut back on the extravagance and expense of these SDCC exclusives. As wonderful as some have been, I think they've been going a little too far with some... and not far enough for the expense of others (like Metroplex and Devastator).
    Last edited by griffin; 31st August 2015 at 09:50 AM.

That's really expensive for those SDCC toys. About AU$250 for Devastator.

Hasbro must have produced a LOT of them to have excess at both SDCC and at the HK Con, for there to be stock being sold off at the Hasbro Toy Shop and HK TRU stores.
    Hopefully this will force Hasbro to cut back on the extravagance and expense of these SDCC exclusives. As wonderful as some have been, I think they've been going a little too far with some... and not far enough for the expense of others (like Metroplex and Devastator).
    I agree with everything you've said there which is part of the reason I posted this.
    Horrid exchange rate aside, Devi isn't worth that price and I'm curious to see if he shelf warms... can you imagine it - regular Devi sold out at Big W in Oz while "exclusive" SDCC Devi sits on shelves for months in HK...

Personally I'm getting a bit annoyed that [insert show] exclusives are being sold on regular mass toy store shelves. The whole point of these exclusives is that they are something limited and special you have to put a bit of effort into getting - be it going to a show or trying to get in quick to secure them from official online sources (I lined up for 1/2 an hour to get our sets of Combiner Warriors from HKACG (and they "sold out" at the show)). It seems like a lot of the "exclusive stuff" is getting much bigger production runs and isn't all that limited after all which defeats the purpose of marketing them as anything special in the first place.

Don't get me wrong - love the CW girl repaints, just wish we had known they would become general release so we didn't stress out about trying to secure them at HKACG.

I'm kinda both ways... I like having some items as exclusives to make it extra special for those able to get one, and that it doesn't upset those people who did go to that extra trouble or expense just to find them more readily available later. But since we are on the ass-end of the world in terms of Transformers, for the benefit of fellow Australian fans, I sorta don't mind if exclusives are made more available, because they are usually not released here.

G2 Superion has been found at Chinese retail 550 rmb ($au121)

Incoming:
    Preordered:
    Recent Buys:

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    load of Bartrim manure
    Welcome to Grantmart!:
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...1496#post61496