Page 516 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 496506511512513514515516517518519520521526536 ... LastLast
Results 5,151 to 5,160 of 10406

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    If I wanted to read the G2 Comics, what would be the best way to go about it?
    Get the TPB - there are only 2. G2 has only 12 issues and is quite self contained so even if you only have peripheral knowledge of the G1 Marvel run it's not necessary that youve read it all. You just need to be familiar with G1 characters.

The TPB titles are
    Dark Designs
    Rage in Heaven

Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    If I wanted to read the G2 Comics, what would be the best way to go about it?
    IDW should reprint those comics soon, since they just reprinted the prelude.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Transformers More Than Meets The Eye

(no connection to the current comic series with the same name)
    Thats them. Any idea where i can get a copy of Vol 1 and Vol 2 of the TPB at a reasonable price?
    Spiderken Away!

Quote Originally Posted by spiderken17 View Post
    Thats them. Any idea where i can get a copy of Vol 1 and Vol 2 of the TPB at a reasonable price?
    There used to be in Kings comics in the city, TPB vol1 and 2 , well ive only spotted vol 2 there, but that's been ages ago in the old section. Best bet now is by ebay coz the reprints have been out for quite some time now. Though Im not sure if the price will be "reasonable "... sorry I know that doesnt help a lot.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    There used to be in Kings comics in the city, TPB vol1 and 2 , well ive only spotted vol 2 there, but that's been ages ago in the old section. Best bet now is by ebay coz the reprints have been out for quite some time now. Though Im not sure if the price will be "reasonable "... sorry I know that doesnt help a lot.
    Thanks. I asked at Kings the other day, they don't have any. I have found some on some book selling sites from around the world but would rather buy sthem from Australia if possible.
    Spiderken Away!

Get the TPB - there are only 2. G2 has only 12 issues and is quite self contained so even if you only have peripheral knowledge of the G1 Marvel run it's not necessary that youve read it all. You just need to be familiar with G1 characters.

The TPB titles are
    Dark Designs
    Rage in Heaven

Cheers Liege. Would eBay be my best bet for these you recon?

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Quote Originally Posted by spiderken17 View Post
    Thanks. I asked at Kings the other day, they don't have any. I have found some on some book selling sites from around the world but would rather buy sthem from Australia if possible.
    guess it ran out already... you could try also Amazon.com. Ive only bought from there a few times, so far haven't had any trouble, coz I have had a look at ebay listings right now and there's only 1 - vol 1 and not available to ship to Australia

guess it ran out already... you could try also Amazon.com. Ive only bought from there a few times, so far haven't had any trouble, coz I have had a look at ebay listings right now and there's only 1 - vol 1 and not available to ship to Australia
    The hardcover editions of both are in stock at Bookdespository: book 1 book 2

Book 1 is also available in softcover

So why do Power Core Combiners get so much crap? Sure, not every design is a winner but there's some good stuff in there (thought, arguably what they should have done was made it a Universe subline).

And, le gasp, the gimmicks are fun.

Well, things I'm not overly fond of about PCCs include:

+ The baby blue connector parts. Why not black?

+ The drones are just uninspiring. Legends Class ROTF Devastator is far better engineered and enjoyable than any PCC 5-pack. Makes them feel more like a Power Rangers Zord than a "Transformers gestalt." Look at Brimstone... he's ONE Dinobot with four Dino-drone accessories. How much cooler would it be if each of the limbs were say a Legion Class sized or Mini-Con sized Transformer - robot mode, vehicle mode, limb mode. Then suddenly instead of four accessories, you have what feels like four extra Transformers -- what feels like a combining team of Dinobots!

+ The Mini-Cons have less independent play value than previous Mini-Cons. Take Universe Overcharge (the taxi). He's not the best engineered Mini-Con, in fact, he's rather sub-part, but he's a fully independent toy. He's a robot who can transform into a taxi -- beep beep, let's go pick up passengers and get lost to charge them more fare money! Chopster transforms into Smoulder's axe or gun or Smoulder's breastplate. Okay, what value does this toy have without Smoulder or any other larger Transformer to hold/operate him? The PCC Mini-Cons really feel more like accessories for another Transformer, rather than being a "proper" Transformer in their own right. They're more like G1 Nebulans; no matter how nice they may seem, they're pretty useless without their primary partner. I would buy a toy like Smoulder on its own. I would not buy a toy like Chopster by itself. Overcharge on the other hand I _did_ buy on his own! I don't think I've even ever bothered to Powerlink him to a larger Transformer yet. I could, but I don't have to -- I can enjoy the toy on its own without the Powerlinking gimmick. I can't enjoy Chopster all that much without being able to hook him up w/ Smoulder.

+ Price. Their original RRPs were a bit on the expensive... IIRC the 2 pack commanders originally sold for about $25-30(?) -- the cost of a Deluxe, and the 5 packs for $35-40(?), $10-15 shy of the cost of a Voyager. A lot of them have since become cheaper, but their initial RRPs made them arguably poor value for money.