Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 123456781323 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Titans Return toys revealed

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I saw someone post a criticism of this toy saying that it just looks like a G1 Sixshot with articulated limbs. But honestly... what more does it need to be? The robot articulation will no doubt also be present in the puma mode, and vehicles don't need articulation (unless it's an articulated lorry or bus... which none of Sixshot's modes are).
    That's the thing here though, if you change too much of its design/appearance, it might not be able to look or transform much like the original it is supposed to be homaging. I'd rather have Sixshot look like a clone of the original with the ability to actually do awesome posing and playing, than the mess that is that new Optimus... I mean, that's supposed to be a plane?
    (I realise it is likely to be a "pre-redeco" of an Octane toy to get the mould to sell in decent quantities first as an iconic character, but man that plane mode is terrible... especially considering the standards they've been reaching on the look of the alt-modes for Generations toys in the last few years.)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    A modern re-imagining of a 30 year old toy, rather than a G1 slavish remake with articulation.

Don't get me wrong, I know that most collectors will love this and want things to be as close to the source as possible which is great, but it does nothing for me. I miss the days when CHUG toys had a touch more ingenuity in their designs.
    This is true. I looked at the first pics from the toyshow that appeared on Twitter and I legit could not tell if it was reveal of a new Sixshot toy or just the original (which through multiple rereleases is not hard to get). Sometimes G1 accuracy is too much of a good thing.

I am starting to look at most of these TM toys as something new, like a different generation of CHUG rather than a continuation. And it's been 10 years since Classics came about so many generational change is needed or should be expected?

There's a bunch of these new guys that look good but have no need for a headmaster gimmick other than that's the gimmick of the day.

Voyager Prime/Octane mold design sketch and real life references.

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    about time for kickback i really like my legends bombshell and the other guy, shrapnel? so it is nice to finally get that completed.
    And we can stop using that Generations deluxe Kickback.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

TM Revolver's inspiration.

Well done Mr.Hasui, well done sir

Trypticon.
    Hot Rod.
    Six Shot.
    Kick Back.

All will (eventually) be mine. I don't mind Megatron too much, but Optimus may be a pass. As Blitzwing and Octane those moulds might be worth it, as my Gen. GDO Octane is easily the worst of the Triplechangers I own. But still looks like he got the short end of the stick...

Bumblebee looks pretty sweet too

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    A modern re-imagining of a 30 year old toy, rather than a G1 slavish remake with articulation.

Don't get me wrong, I know that most collectors will love this and want things to be as close to the source as possible which is great, but it does nothing for me. I miss the days when CHUG toys had a touch more ingenuity in their designs.
    This is true. I looked at the first pics from the toyshow that appeared on Twitter and I legit could not tell if it was reveal of a new Sixshot toy or just the original (which through multiple rereleases is not hard to get). Sometimes G1 accuracy is too much of a good thing.

I am starting to look at most of these TM toys as something new, like a different generation of CHUG rather than a continuation. And it's been 10 years since Classics came about so many generational change is needed or should be expected?

There's a bunch of these new guys that look good but have no need for a headmaster gimmick other than that's the gimmick of the day.
    ^Totes agree, which is why I'm being quite selective with Titans Return. I'm skipping all the characters for which I already have a CHUGUR toy for. I've already seen TR Soundwave and Galvatron in stores and I passed on both of them. The Headmaster gimmick does nothing for me on these toys (I think that "flavour of the day" is a good assessment).

I was initially tempted when I saw images of TR Blaster, but then when I discovered that he's a Headmaster I changed my mind. My Generations FoC Blaster will do fine for me. Okay, he doesn't transform into a tape deck, but meh. I can always use my MP Tracks' Blaster accessory and pretend that my Voyager Generations Blaster transforms into it (with mass shrinking!). Ya know, hold the robot and start shaking it making the transforming noise, then you close your eyes and put the robot out of the way and then put the little MP accessory in front of you and open your eyes -- presto! Besides, I already do this w/ my ML Soundwave... I have him "transform" into my Smallest Soundwave and pretend that he mass-shrank during transformation.

I'm not a fan of how Sixshot is going to be a Headmaster. Although I'm tempted to repurpose the Titan Master as Daniel Witwicky.

(created new News topic for these 2017 Titans Return toys)

I find it odd, and somewhat concerning, that Hasbro is now revealing 2017 wave 1, while 2016 now looks to only have two waves... the second of which is already showing up in parts of the world.
    So is that it for Generations for the rest of this year, until the 2017 toys start showing up in December? Will stores have to keep re-ordering the same 1st or 2nd wave of toys, or shelfwarm them, for the next four months?
    There's not a lot going for RID at the moment, so it seems that Hasbro has put Transformers on the backburner a little this year, in favour of other toylines for 2016.

Wow! I'm a bit wary of these Titan class toys, but that Trypticon is looking pretty awesome, though they always do though in grey prototype form until they use some ugly colour plastic.

I really like the little Titanmaster doorways. This toy looks like it could actually be designed to interact with the little guys from the ground up rather than being re-worked mold like Fort Max, which is Ironic given Trypticon's not exactly a Headmaster.

I look forward to seeing the whole toy.