Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ehobby Legends (Headmaster) Convobat

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    I don't think it's ever been up for preorder as there's no arrival date or price (compare that with sold out encore megs Who has a price) and I reckon they have just put the page up as a place holder for now.

Normally they have an ordering period that is open for pretty much as many orders as needed, then we all wait while they produce it. Those who preordered are guaranteed, while leftovers go back on the website.

So, calm your socks. When it's open you'll probably have time to get in there.
    Good point. Silly overreaction on my part!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Eh... it's a nice redeco but the concept doesn't interest me. Convobat was never a Headmaster nor a mechanical bat. Pass for me.
    It's also not the right colour - Convobat was red. But none of that changes the fact that this is an awesome homage, and that there's nothing wrong with doing something new and interesting. Honestly, it's worth it for the Apeface redeco alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    It's also not the right colour - Convobat was red.
    The original Convobat was blue (exact same colours as Hasbro/Kenner's Bat Primal). The CD ROM exclusive version was red and white. I have both versions (plus the Hasbro/Kenner version).

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    The original Convobat was blue (exact same colours as Hasbro/Kenner's Bat Primal). The CD ROM exclusive version was red and white. I have both versions (plus the Hasbro/Kenner version).
    Oh, cool. I thought only the red version was "officially" Convobat.

It's understandable. Basically in Japan Optimus Primal and BW Megatron were never a bat and croc - only Optimus Prime and G1 Megatron were under the new names of Convobat and Megalligator. But from a Western toy POV the standard Convobat is Basic Optimus Primal and the standard Megalligator is Basic Megatron because the toys are completely identical. But because the CD ROM versions are different and were exclusive to Japan, they're more easily identifiable as being G1 Optimus Prime and Megatron in beast forms.

Even I see them this way because it's just easier! And it's because of the order in which I bought the toys...
    * Bought standard Convobat vs Megalligator first; opened them.
    * Then I bought CD ROM Convobat vs Megalligator. Opened them, then bought another set to keep sealed (still sealed to this day).
    * I then received Optimus Primal vs Megatron as a gift. Because the toys are identical to my standard Convobat vs Megalligator, I decided to keep this set sealed (still sealed to this day).
    So I've just repurposed my standard Convobat vs Megalligator as Optimus Primal and Megatron because I don't see the point in opening the Hasbro set when the toys are the same. And also in doing so, it makes the standard and CD ROM versions into separate characters rather than just being variants of the same characters (hence the toys have become more meaningful to me).

According to TFwiki, eHobby Convobat isn't the original (who would be G1 Optimus Prime), but rather a clone of Optimus Prime created by Straxus, and Megalligator is also another Straxus experiment. So this either establishes eHobby Convobat as a separate character from BW Convobat, or arguably retcons BW Convobat and Megalligator as clones who survived the Great War and were reformatted as a Maximal and Predacon. Although apparently eHobby Convobat and Megalligator are friends... but considering that BW occurs 300 years after the end of the Autobot-Decepticon War, it's not inconceivable that the two of them may have become enemies by that time. Anyway, the wiki is treating them as separate characters which I think makes more sense until such time that we receive more explicit evidence that there's a retcon.

It looks so fugly it's awesome!

Wish they did a two-pack with Skullcruncher though, and they could've included the little dino dude painted in transmetal colours!

I like different repaints but i am glad this does not float my boat. So many good releases this year that were much harder to skip.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Preorders are open.
    Thanks to Hursty for the heads up!

price is 5000 yennies and there is a preorder window that is open until 13:00 Japan time 5th September.

It will be shipped in late December

PC will have preorders open on the 11th at 8.30pm.

Hopefully I can get out of my movie in time to grab this.