View Poll Results: FOC Combaticons - worth buying?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • All yes

24 63.16%
  • Only some or one

3 7.89%
  • None are worth it

8 21.05%
  • Not even interested

3 7.89%
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910

Thread: Toy Review - Generations FOC Combaticons wave

Just uploaded a better comparison photo, three posts up.

Iriorne is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Just uploaded a better comparison photo, three posts up.
    You beat me to it! I've gone to all the trouble of taking a photo though, so I'm gonna post it anyway.

Larger

I have something of a soft spot for G2 Bruticus as he was my only combiner and most awesome toy when I was young. Generally I'm pretty happy with FoC Bruticus despite his flaws. His official transformation looks a bit off but some strategic mis-transformation of his arms helps to shorten them and keep him from looking too top heavy. I've played around a bit more since I took the photo and by fiddling around with Vortex's arms it's possible to cover up some of the gaps in the body and bring the rotor shield a bit further to the front. Definitely a better look.

Colour wise, FoC G2 Bruticus is a reasonable match to the original. Blast Off and Swindle are near perfect and FoC Brawl is a slightly warmer shade of green. The most obvious differences are FoC Onslaught who is a noticeably cooler shade of yellow and Vortex who has turned baby-blue. The purple detailing looks like a good match too, though it's hard to tell as it seems to shift shade depending on the colour around it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy
    Having trouble finding a good config for the combined gun. It just looks kind of stupid if you join it together like the instructions.
    This bugged me too, until I discovered the configuration in my picture above. If you twist Vortex's gun-blades so the pegs face outwards, the tops actually slip into a little notch in Brawl's gun. I'm still not really happy with it but I think it helps make the gun look a bit sturdier and integrated. The G2 rifle looks pretty good on FoC Bruticus as well and has the bonus of letting you move the combined gun into his left hand to hide the karate-chop hand.

Other options I've seen include sticking the Vortex's blades onto his skids and, optionally, flipping out his nose gun instead of his hand. I like your idea of putting the blades on the back cannon, too.

I picked up Brawl today and I like him. He's fun to play with. Pew pew.
    That green is really growing on me. I am really tempted to pick up Onslaught, Vortex and Blast Off.
    (Still can't find Swindle)
    The colours aren't as pastel-coloured in-person. They are actually quite controlled.
    And yes, my Brawl's feet are a tad flimsy, making it hard for poses.
    4/5. I like Brawl.

Quote Originally Posted by nyerk View Post
    Ok, this guy actually looks pretty great when you transform him a certain way.

Much better than that lanky monstrosity seen in all the official pics!
    I've tried so many ways to transformer this guy, and I must say, I love how you did it. Except for one thing, I've never been a fan of Blast Off looking like some skewed squiggly letter of the alphabet.

Here is just one of the ways I've mucked around with Blast Off, at an attempt to keep it straight and try to line up with the length of Vortex.

Every time I try to make Onslaughts wheels on his legs face forward, I never end up liking it in person. Yours however looks great in the photo.

Ignore my horrid camera:

[EDIT] Added a couple more, you've got me fiddling around with him now. I swapped arms, copied your back weapon setup and raised those onslaught shoulder spikes.

I tried to flip the thighs, so the wheels stuck outwards. But he just kept falling over on me.

And last but not least, I attempted to move around Vortex's top rotor, but it just ended up making Blast Off surprisngly, look to small

Last edited by Mythirax; 1st January 2013 at 07:39 AM.

I finally, after waiting years for him to drop in price, picked up the Tak/Tom version of Blast Off. So happy to have a Blast Off that is actually brown rather than purple (though I quite like my G2 coloured white one)

I just wish I has been able to find a grey Vortex that you could buy individually rather than having to buy a whole Bruiticus set. Couldn't justify to myself buying a 3rd lot of these figures