Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Asian Movie toy launch April 28th in several countries

Toys'R'Us Hong Kong have finally revealed more details of their Madness event taking place on the 22nd June.

There is a chance to get a battle damaged Bumblebee or Optimus and the chance to win one of the Black voice changing Optimus helmets.
    If it works in a similar way to last time you can only get one or the other figure with one receipt, which is why people here will break purchases up into 3 or 4 receipts to get as much as they can.

I'll be going in the hope to get one of those Battle Damaged Optimus Primes although the way people spend and shove people out of the way over here to get the special figures not sure what kind of a chance I will have...
    At the last movie event in 2014 one guy spent over HK$13,000 (AU$2,300) just to ensure he had enough entries in the draw to win stuff (and get as many of the limited figures as possible) - and he took away 2 of the big prizes!
    On the plus side I am hopeful those of us with VIP tickets will be allowed first entry into the store as was the case with the Star Wars event...
    Last edited by griffin; 9th June 2017 at 06:50 AM. Reason: added source link

June 15-16 had a Transformers Movie launch live event in Indonesia, that featured a lot of Transformers toys on display (looks like they might have been borrowed from fans), and a stage that had a giant Optimus head.
    The full gallery of photos can be seen here on facebook.

Clear photos of the black chrome Optimus Prime voice changer helmet have finally been posted up by someone, showing a nice black finish to this item... limited to 112 units.