View Poll Results: POTP LEG Skrapnel - worth buying?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 50.00%
  • Only if (cheap or something else)

1 16.67%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not planning to get it

2 33.33%

Thread: Toy Review - POTP LEG Skrapnel

Default Toy Review - POTP LEG Skrapnel

(Please post comments, photos or even a fully comprehensive review - these are just some brief details to start you off)

Skrapnel
    Series - Generations
    Sub-line - Power of the Primes
    Size/class - Legends
    New/remould/redeco - very minor redeco of GEN-14 toy
    Wave - 1
    Released here - January 2018 (Asia & America DEC 2017)
    Approximate Retail Price - (probably about AU$20) US$10
    Approximate Size - 10cm?
    Allegiance - Decepticon
    Alt-mode - Beetle
    Main Features/Gimmicks -
    Main Colours - Purple, black, yellow
    Main Accessories - none

Last edited by griffin; 7th March 2018 at 08:28 PM.

If I'd known that Skrapnel (real name - Shrapnel) was coming out I would not have bought CW Chop Shop but at least I'll be keeping Chop Shop's card. Skrapnel wins out due to a greater color range but has a lesser head sculpt. I'm happy I now have all the insecticons thanks to the release of Bombshell and Kickback in the previous series.

FatalityPitt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by shockNwave View Post
    If I'd known that Skrapnel (real name - Shrapnel) was coming out I would not have bought CW Chop Shop but at least I'll be keeping Chop Shop's card. Skrapnel wins out due to a greater color range but has a lesser head sculpt. I'm happy I now have all the insecticons thanks to the release of Bombshell and Kickback in the previous series.
    I was a bit like that myself. I only bought Chop Shop because I wanted all three Insecticons (or as close to it as possible), but couldn't find the Thrilling 30 one for a good price.

I don't mind having Chop Shop as a fourth Insecticon after the classic three. I like having more Decepticons with Beast/Insect modes because it gives them more diversity. Personally, I'd prefer to have a second stag beetle Insecticon than ANOTHER Autobot car mould I already have (EDIT: unless the other Autobot car repaint was of a cool character).

Quote Originally Posted by FatalityPitt View Post
    I was a bit like that myself. I only bought Chop Shop because I wanted all three Insecticons (or as close to it as possible), but couldn't find the Thrilling 30 one for a good price.

I don't mind having Chop Shop as a fourth Insecticon after the classic three. I like having more Decepticons with Beast/Insect modes because it gives them more diversity. Personally, I'd prefer to have a second stag beetle Insecticon than ANOTHER Autobot car mould I already have (EDIT: unless the other Autobot car repaint was of a cool character).
    Oh I understand how you feel about beast mode vs car mode. In the G1 cartoon, when the insecticons first appeared it was mind blowing.

Hasbro should have printed a silver backing under the Decepticon logo on Skrapnel. Would have fit in better with his teammates, aesthetically.