Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Avoiding like the plague...

Default Avoiding like the plague...

hey all...

just curious if anyone on here has been avoiding all DOTM trailers and information?

i mean when an ad comes on tv, i cup my hands over my ears... close my eyes and start singing "mary had a little lamb" as loud as i can. it's a miracle my wife hasn't killed me.... lol

i dont know about everyone else... but i just want to see the movie and be surprised, i've only seen one trailer about 6 or 7 months ago and its been a huge effort to not see anymore.

anyone else been doing the same?

janda

I've been avoiding all the news and I was avoiding the trailers until about 2 months ago when curiousity got the better of me.
    I know a little about the movie but not enough to give me an idea about anything.
    I have an idea why it's called Dark of the Moon. Don't worry though, I'm a no spoilers

I'll be avoiding all news and trailers from this afternoon until after I have seen the movie on Thursday night so obviously I won't be coming on here because I know some members are seeing it tonight at midnight (or is that midnight Wednesday morning ). I would have too, but I did not know the movie was coming out on the 29th when I booked tickets...
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

I watched a few trailers and tv spots, but now that I am seeing it tonight, I will be avoiding footage and reviews. Only another 11 hours to wait anyway

glad i'm not the only one... although none of you seem to be quite as ocd as me... lol

hope you enjoy it tonight azrael

janda

I won't be logging back onto here until after I have seen the movie on Thursday as I'm sure things will be posted I don't want to know but may accidently see

Been doing my best to avoid learning too much about DOTM
    but every now and then my curiosity gets the better of me and i learn something new about it i didnt want to
    still dont know enough to actually spoil the whole movie
    and like others i will be avoiding this place from now till after i see it

I'll jump on after I get home from watching it, but I won't post any spoilers, just whethere I liked it or not.

Maybe a spoiler or 2

I mostly avoided this whole section of the forums and only watched the first cinema trailers figuring I would see them in the cinema anyway, avoided all the TV spots with new footage. Still it's a Bay action film so there's probably not too much to spoil, other than a few robot fights.

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    I'll jump on after I get home from watching it, but I won't post any spoilers, just whethere I liked it or not.

Maybe a spoiler or 2
    Me too, see you on the flip side.

Quote Originally Posted by janda the red View Post
    anyone else been doing the same?
    I did the same for the first movie, but with the next two I've been at BotCon so it's pretty hard to avoid such things.

I've seen TV ads plus more footage and it is enough that I have a fairly clear expectation of how the movie will go. That is disappointing but couldn't be helped.

I haven't spoilt myself more though by reading the comics/novel, any of the behind the scenes news that's leaked out over the last year and a bit etc.

Typically if I know there's a movie I want to see, I don't watch any trailers. I only watch trailers for films I'm unsure of, and once I've seen enough to know if I want to see it I stop watching. If I don't want to see it I keep watching. I very often stand up and leave the cinema rather than sit through a trailer.