View Poll Results: YOTH Optimus Prime - worth buying?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

11 42.31%
  • Only if....

9 34.62%
  • Not worth it

2 7.69%
  • Not even interested

4 15.38%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - YOTH Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by millhouse View Post
    Picked it up in Singapore from a department store, so I don't like my chances!

Tried that, and it actually shrunk!
    wtf?..it shrunk! ? that sux !

Quote Originally Posted by lancalot View Post
    have you try contacting the vender you bought it from?... also if it soft plastic then try a hair dryer to heat it up and it should go back to normal ....
    Quote Originally Posted by lancalot View Post
    wtf?..it shrunk! ? that sux !
    I tried the hot water trick rather than the hair dryer and it basically turned to jelly. The reason being that I wanted to store it in the compartment in the trailer, and the axe wouldn't rotate the right way to fit. Figured a dash of hot water would loosen it up...

Probably too late now, but with those softer plastics (like movie/classicverse Bludgeon swords) have them pressed under something heavy like books for a few days. (they still bend on their own, especially in summer)

Otherwise, the heat thing is an option, but as you found out, you have to be very slow and careful with the amount of heat applied to it.

I've never dealt with a plastic that's behaved like this before. Really weird!

It wasn't a case of it needing flattening out - the rotating join between the blade and the base was stuck.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

You should have left it as it is and then wait for Australia to bring in theirs and then you can contact Hasbro for a replacement.

finally got around to ripping him out of this box as I have gotten some room to put him on display and he is a beaut!

i dont think i will need an mp10 now... (maybe)

Is this made in Vietnam as well?
    Technically this would be a great will do piece, but given the reissue was at $139us it was not a bad move for me to get it and sell my yoth off.

On top of it, the trailer is correct, with roller in correct colours and spike with the vector sigma key was good enough.

I still find the mp-10 not a better piece for what it is compared to mp-1.
    Many can argue the sculpt is better but is no excuse for a solid thumb, or dead eyes on the takara version. The lack of diecast just made it easily for me to score lower. Put it this way, most of you will be liking 1/24 scaled g1 if they done it.

I was shocked actually that they cut cost on mp and done it very plastic and charge you an arm or leg for it.
    The yoth however is proof that mp-10 is that cheap and they still make money.

At this point in time, yoth is no longer available so that makes it a harder piece to obtain than the mp-10 reissue. Prices for mp-10 has gone up.
    I am still surprised TT has no intention to reissue certain popular pieces as they would be snapped up quite quickly.

Results are clear in the poll 0 for yes and we have only if as the selected vote .

i wouldn't call a poll with 12 votes an accurate representation of this figures desirability.
    A few people i know have purchased it at full price, some members here, some not, quite a few at sale price etc etc
    And some of these poll options like "only if" need some expanding to get a better understanding also.

True, but still a 0 vote for a immediate yes.
    I bought two and gave one as a present and sold one off.
    Wasn't debating the representation though, just saying what it is from the overall votes so far as compared to other mps.

Like said the sale time was a hard to pass up such a figure. It has it's merits even by its own.

However, if you line up a new vote for which one will you buy
    1. Takara tomy
    2. Hasbro release
    3. Yoth

You bound to see yoth last.

CoRDS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

i think that when my mp10 reissue arrives i will paint up my YOTH prime into sleep mode prime (the trailer is already done by default)