Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Covenant of Primus book (Australian Printing) on sale this week at BigW $50

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    It's not a reference book.

It's a fiction story, with illustrations, that's inspired by (but ignores) existing TF G1 canon to create something new and "Aligned" that combines the War For Cybertron games, the tie-in novels, and the TF:Prime cartoon.

It's not something in the same category as The Vault book.
    Dems fighting words.

It's non-fiction and the authorative word of Primus, as told by his duly
    appointed vessel, Alpha Trion. Think of it like a history book, or the bible ;p
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

I think if it had the exact same content but not in a first-person "story" narrative, it would have been a good reference book to make the whole "Aligned continuity" concept that Hasbro have put on us over the last 6 years, easier to follow and understand.

It used and expanded on some existing concepts, but the Hasbro people created a new Universe, so it would be nice as fans to have a guidebook to that Universe.

I haven't read it all yet, I've just skimmed through to avoid spoiling reading the novels and watching TF:Prime, but I've read enough to notice that one big plot spoiler which is rather ridiculous.

I'm all for Aligned being it's own thing. It works just as well as G1 did/does as a framework, it's just a shame it had to "borrow" so much from G1 to do it rather than being it's own new thing, making the division harder to see (basically impossible in WFC).

I picked up a copy last week & after at times struggling to stay focussed to read it through (the author's writing style can be quite dry at times), I finally finished it today.

I enjoyed the Primus, Unicron & 13 Primes chapters but the WFC/FOC & TF: Prime stuff felt like nothing but a means of cross-selling the games/show (point: I've never played those games/watched the show & I have no real desire to).

Although it's not the worst TF-Book I've ever paid money for (Simon Furman's Ultimate Guide was nothing but a waste of paper), this Covenant of Primus would probably be middle of the pile. Not the best book, but not the worst book either.

I've read bits here and there... as The_Black_Sheep said, the writing style isn't terribly engaging. As far as proper reference books are concerned, you'd be better off sticking w/ TF Generations, Vault, Cybertronian Unofficial Recognition Guide and the Bellamo books.

I saw it down at Dymocks in Adelaide for $119. O_O

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritprime View Post
    I saw it down at Dymocks in Adelaide for $119. O_O
    That'd be the expected retail, it's $100 RRP in America. Big W did a good deal.

RokDog is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

https://shop.scholastic.com.au/Produ...20transformers

For anyone who missed out, Scholastic is selling it for $55 delivered. Use promo code 'summer' at checkout to get 50% off the price of all books in cart. Code has a tendency to drop off so double check before you pay!