Thread: ToysRUs Ult BB sale 20Mar-7Apr.

Default ToysRUs Ult BB sale 20Mar-7Apr.

The TRU catalogue for 20th March to 7th April has only one Transformers item (which would make sense since it is the only new thing at my nearest TRU as of yesterday).
    Ultimate Bumblebee in cylinder packaging and bonus Titanium Bumblebee - $100 (save $30).

that's still a silly price to pay for Ultimate Bumblebee but i'm sure some of us here would be happy

Well it all makes sense now!

Not that I expect most TRU's to be able to sell anywhere near the 30 plus Ultimate Bee's they all seem to have stocked. It's the wrong time of the year for parents to drop $100 on a single figure.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

wrong time of the year? it's EASTER!!..
    kids wants something

Quote Originally Posted by iceburn View Post
    wrong time of the year? it's EASTER!!..
    kids wants something
    But $100 of something? I know many a spoilt child, but I don't think a single one of them is that spoilt.

I would understand a child getting anything up to a Deluxe figure as part (or all) of their Easter present, but an Ultimate Bumblebee? What the hell do these kids then get for their birthday or Christmas?
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

This 2-pack set was a Costco exclusive in America, for US$70 plus tax. That works out to just under AU$90 (with GST) retail, making a $100 price tag one of the lesser 'scalped' figures by retail stores in this country. $130 on the other hand is a $40 markup over the American release, and these would be unwanted US stock, not a new production run just for us.