View Poll Results: US MP Rodimus - worth buying?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

34 69.39%
  • Only if (something)

5 10.20%
  • No

2 4.08%
  • Not interested

2 4.08%
  • Prefer/Already have JP version

6 12.24%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - (Hasbro) MP Rodimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Despite the name on the packaging, I look at this as "Hot Rod" (targetmaster, Hot Rod toy colours) and the Takara one as "Rodimus" (trailer, Rodimus cartoon colours). That's my justification for getting both.
    this is EXACTLY my justification also...

And mine Going to look for one tomorrow. Hope they actually have some. Rare thing for my TRU

He is totally Hotrod not much of a Rodimus vibe. He is pretty cool, the leg panels pop off on mine and just a warning the red plasic stresses really easy. So be extra careful with the fists if you using the tools etc... I noticed just in time. Glad I got him.

Decepticon Guest

Looks cheap and nasty. Like a KO. Shocking looking thing.

Nah I dont think it looks cheap at all. It looks like masterpice transformer quality, well it seems fine on mine, the paint apps are good too.

I look at it as more choice of material than quality, it's just hard plastic. Like lots of modern transformers bits always fall off in transformation, others may have no issues.

Well I just opened and transformed mine. I now have both versions. I found the pegs on the legs hold better in Car mode. Wish they chromed the engine and rims. Looks so different from the Takara version. Its all Hotrod TM. And I love the MP Targetmaster he is great. But whats the deal with the extra sticker sheet with Arm stickers and an Autobot and Con Symbol?

Picked up MP hot Rod today. Not opened him yet so I can't comment but if you want one be quick about it because they won't last at this price.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    From what I have seen in video reviews and such, it doesn't appear so

If it had fixed the design issues, I would have bought one.
    I haven't transformed my Hot Rod. I don't intend to either coz I don't actually play with my toys. But regarding the spoiler/backpack combo...it's not perfect..but it's a HELLLLLLL of a lot better than my takara. I dunno if it's just MY takara rodimus or not...but my Hasbro one is very good. My one actually plugs in and stays in. But when you start to play and fiddle...then yes, the back pack is prone to coming apart. Which isnt an issue for me anyway as, like I said...I only display my toys...not play with them.

They look awesome displayed together I reckon too

Is Sparks Firebolt Offshoot a brand new figure? Or is it an upscale/redeco of an existing Targetmaster/Minicon toy?