Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Titans Return Wave 3 hits Australia

FatalityPitt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by hYpNoS View Post
    But I have concerns on the leaderclass from this wave, I'm still seeing blasters shelf warming, are we gonna have another CW leader incident where megatrons were shelfwarming and we ended up skipping many leader waves?

I'm scared that we'll miss sixshot at this rate :c
    Admittedly, I wasn't going to get Blaster nor PMOP. But knowing that they're shelf-warming, coupled with the prospect of stores being reluctant to stock future waves until the current stock turns; I'm thinking about buying a Blaster.

Anyone else want to take one for the team and buy 10 Blasters? Just kidding!

Try not to worry. Knowing that Christmas is around the corner, the odds of Blaster selling is slightly improved I think. If not, he'll probably be heavily discounted during the Boxing Day sales - hopefully resulting in him getting bought up. Hopefully Hasbro doesn't release Black Shadow in other markets before Feb-March (as douchey as it sounds), otherwise our stores might (in theory) skip Sixshot and stock Black Shadow instead.. But I think Blaster will start to sell, with it being close to Christmas and all.

Wallet is going to take a pounding....

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I would be worried Sixshot will be the shelf warmer. Blaster and Jetfire had cartoon recognition with parents. What is a Sixshot or Armada Megs?

Quote Originally Posted by Jellico View Post
    I would be worried Sixshot will be the shelf warmer. Blaster and Jetfire had cartoon recognition with parents. What is a Sixshot or Armada Megs?
    I can see your point for Armada Megatron, but I can't see anything have 6 modes (albeit half of them lacking) not being a hit with children.

Another problem with Armada Megs is the lack of appeal to G1 fans. For whatever reason, it seems that the Armada Kids (who would now be in their teens/20s - same age as we G1 Kids were when BW came out) don't seem all that engaged (whereas we lapped up Beast Wars!). I reckon Sixshot has a fair chance of selling. It won't be as fast as the smaller and cheaper carded figures, but I reckon it won't be a massive shelf warmer either.

If I was a parent shopping for a TF, I'd buy the crap out that toy that has six modes!

Megatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by doublespy View Post
    If I was a parent shopping for a TF, I'd buy the crap out that toy that has six modes!
    ... for myself! The wife & kids can go without.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Another problem with Armada Megs is the lack of appeal to G1 fans. For whatever reason, it seems that the Armada Kids (who would now be in their teens/20s - same age as we G1 Kids were when BW came out) don't seem all that engaged (whereas we lapped up Beast Wars!). I reckon Sixshot has a fair chance of selling. It won't be as fast as the smaller and cheaper carded figures, but I reckon it won't be a massive shelf warmer either.

Eh, when I was in my late teens and 20's, TF's were very low on the list of priorities. I preferred to chase tail & get zozzled rather than play with toys.
    Give it another 10 years & those Armada babies will be hopping on the nostalgia train with their disposable incomes.

FatalityPitt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post

Give it another 10 years & those Armada babies will be hopping on the nostalgia train with their disposable incomes.
    Time to scalp the leftover Armada Megs at Target and ToysRUs, and sell them at a premium in 10 years time .. Just kidding! Please don't do that!.. Even if you do, there's a chance Hasbro will come up with an even better Armada Megs by then.

Even to non-G1 fans, I think Sixshot will be a hit, especially if they can get him before Christmas. He has 6 modes AND he's got a cool little pilot that makes up his head!

I think with Titans Return toys being on sale so often this year (even without a sale, the TR deluxes were still cheaper than the RiD warriors), plus with the added play value of Titan Masters; I think the line has attracted new fans that probably weren't into G1 to begin with. I don't think Combiner Wars sold this well last year.

Armada Megs, whilst cool, yea doesn't hold the same appeal it does to most people. Now if they did a repaint of the G1 tank in green like G2 Megs.... phoar 😂