View Poll Results: Botbots - worth buying?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, gotta get 'em all!

4 30.77%
  • Will probably get a fair few of them

5 38.46%
  • A small number will find their way into the collection

2 15.38%
  • No, these don't interest me

2 15.38%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - Botbots series 1 (2019)

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I've given all of my doubles to my daughter for her own collection, but yeah, much prefer collecting them individually.

btw, here is a list of the Wave 1 BotBots and the Functions that I was able to garner from their instructions. But as mentioned before a lot of the instructions just don't list them while others do, so if you can, please help fill in the gaps!
    The 8 packs dont list their roles, so anyone not released in a single pack or 5 pack, won't have one.

My previous post has been updated; Functions added for Cranks, Dimlit and S'up Dawg.

Added Functions for Sergeant Scrubadub and Remorsel. If anyone can help fill in the blanks then that would be very much appreciated. Even if you just quickly PM me or post a missing toy's Function before you chuck those instructions away. Thanks.

Thanks to griffin I’ve got Spinkleberry and Unilla. I like the simple transformation, great toy to fiddle with, a little better than tiny turbo changers. Not sure what type of plastic they’re made out of but it feels nice and soft lol.

Hopefully I can find the shed heads pack with Cuddletooth bc I really want that cute little chainsaw.
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    They're great for pics with MPs too.

Is that technically cannibalism?

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Is that technically cannibalism?
    Sideswipe no!
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Like any others it's a mixed bag. You get some really clever figures like Nrjeez, but then some absolutely bone-lazy ones like Venus Frogtrap. I really enjoy the diversity of alt modes because I'm usually appreciative of new alt modes not done in Transformers before. We now have Plantformers! They could possibly make a Botanica figure. And heck, we even have a bloody Rock Lord! Yeah, that thing that failed Go-Bots! Still no taxi or chicken (I'll take a cooked chicken!)

I wish that each pack would tell you all of the BotBots' Functions (Roles) though. Some packs provide it for a few figures but not all, and others don't provide any. The single pack ones provide Functions, but not all figures are available single pack. I'm tempted to make a post or thread where we can share our knowledge on BotBot Functions.
    I would say Venus Frogtrap is the worst of the bunch. I can't even get the rear feet to open, and when i did it just scratched the claws well this guy along with rootwing will stay in their plant mode as they look weird in their 'beast' mode

I cant choose which one is the best for me but i like most of the greaser gang as they remind me of those old toys from maccas when i was a kid.

Not really a fan of TFs that are connected to the Rescuebots line but these Bot Bots have won me over because they build upon the tradition of G1 (Perceptor and Reflector) and Real Gear Robots by taking the idea of TFs turning into tools and everyday objects to the point of having so many this time around, even if the robot modes and transformations are simplistic.

Quote Originally Posted by shockNwave View Post
    but these Bot Bots have won me over because they build upon the tradition of G1 (Perceptor and Reflector) and Real Gear Robots by taking the idea of TFs turning into tools and everyday objects to the point of having so many this time around, even if the robot modes and transformations are simplistic.
    ↑Flerken A, mate! Robots in disguise is what's all about.
    I'm hoping that Hasbro will become more adventurous in exploring a greater diversity of alt modes. I hope that they realise that if they can sell Transformers that transform into mouldy rocks and cartons of spoiled milk, then surely they can sell Transformers that can transform into a chicken and bus! Doesn't have to be big or expensive either.

...I just reeeaaally want a chicken and a bus TF! #pipedream

Goktimus, your wish for a spoilt milk TF has come true. In series 2 there is Grumpy Clumpy. He's one of the Spoiled Rottens.

As for a mouldy rock TF? Just apply ghastly green paint to a Rock Lord.