Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Comic Review: Windblade (ongoing)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    On an unrelated note, I was interested to see Sunstreaker back on Cybertron, I thought he was a better fit on the Lost Light. He must be forming a limb on the Prime Combiner or something to be back and showed off so definitively on Cybertron this issue.
    Was just talking to Jinto about that. I couldn't recalled seeing Sunstreaker on the Lost Light since Dark Cybertron

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Was just talking to Jinto about that. I couldn't recalled seeing Sunstreaker on the Lost Light since Dark Cybertron
    I will need to flip through all my books but I don't even think he has popped up anywhere since DC
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

He has the best into on the who's who page.
    Prowl
    Prowl

I laughed when I saw that, as if it's the only description required.

I have a feeling that ever since Bombshell got a hold of him something "snapped" in there. (maybe as far back as Chromedome's quick and dirty probe)

Now this is all speculation, but....

His constant references to Scrapper, and the scene in an early release (can't remember which)that has him screaming, "Get out of my head" makes me think there's something, or someone else in there - maybe, way back in the "Chaos" event when Devastator literally had a dead leg (in Scrapper's body) some essence of his was transferred through to the other five, and when Prowl was integrated, that essence ended up in him (through the opening Chromedome left.)

To go further left-field with my speculation, I wonder if Scoop will play a part here... that essence being moved along to him, given a new paint job, and voila! Scrapper's back. Just in time for CW Devastator to be released...

(I knew I picked up TAV Roadblock for a reason....)

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    so it was kind of like luke using threepio to scare the ewoks in return of the jedi?
    "Tigaloo carbon!"

In the latest issue of Combiner Wars, Optimus Prime does explain his actions in terms of <spoiler> acknowledging that Starscream is the rightful ruler of Cybertron, but also pointing out that he cannot be given free reign. </spoiler>

Issue 2 is out, and while I am usually either a fan of, or don't mind Livio's art, he has not done a very good job on this one.

He has character models all mixed up (although he was sent the wrong models to work from) and it is nigh impossible at times to tell what is going on.

Another quick fight, another combiner and Prowl looks like he may the centre point for this mini series. He has the best into on the who's who page.

yeah i was fairly disappointed in this issue surprisingly. i find hard to work out wtf is going with this art style more than others. also in terms of writing, i though that defensor's intro or appearance was really bad.

yeah i was fairly disappointed in this issue surprisingly. i find hard to work out wtf is going with this art style more than others. also in terms of writing, i though that defensor's intro or appearance was really bad.

yeah that was seriously rushed. And Rook's intro? Just two frames where he's a head in the background. Hopefully he gets a better intro in the next issue.

Quote Originally Posted by prjkt View Post
    yeah that was seriously rushed. And Rook's intro? Just two frames where he's a head in the background. Hopefully he gets a better intro in the next issue.
    Yeah I didn't even notice Rook until my second reading. Considering the massive backstory/buildup all the other combiners have gotten in IDW (Mons, Dev, Men & Sup) for Defensor to turn up as a matter of convenience felt too easy and rushed.

That said, it was an interesting last panel where you had Starascream looking pleased as punch with Defensor and Superion standing behind him, ready to do his bidding

I wonder if Rook will get a flashback back story, similar to Blackjack's explaining, or try to, his presence at the space bridge when Defensor was formed.

Well, that was interesting.

Pretty cool to see the joining of minds work, and the cameo's at the end are quite interesting. Elita 1's got an interesting throne.

EDIT: TAV Roadblock might end up as my CW version of Scoop for a while

Quote Originally Posted by prjkt View Post
    Well, that was interesting.

Pretty cool to see the joining of minds work, and the cameo's at the end are quite interesting. Elita 1's got an interesting throne.

EDIT: TAV Roadblock might end up as my CW version of Scoop for a while
    Just read it, very cool mind meld
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot