View Poll Results: JP MP-25 Tracks - worth buying?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

26 78.79%
  • Only if...

3 9.09%
  • Not worth it

2 6.06%
  • Not even interested

2 6.06%
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - JP MP-25 Masterpiece Tracks

Default Toy Review - JP MP-25 Masterpiece Tracks

(Please post comments, photos or even a fully comprehensive review - these are just brief details to start you off)

Series - Masterpiece
    Sub-line - none
    Size/class - n/a
    New/remould/redeco - new
    Wave - n/a (MP-25)
    Released here - released in Japan November 14th 2015 (to be here later as a special import by ToysRUs)
    Approximate Retail Price - 7500yen (about AU$95) (likely to be AU$150 at ToysRUs)
    Approximate Size - 16cm
    Allegiance - Autobot
    Alt-mode - Sports car
    Main Features/Gimmicks - Flight mode, Raoul & Blaster.
    Main Colours - Metallic blue, grey, white, red.
    Main Accessories - Gun, Display stand, Raoul, mini Blaster, car fender-cannon, (side mirrors).

Last edited by griffin; 18th November 2015 at 12:34 PM.

Had a long day at work today, so too buggered to type a review. Did take a few pics though.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Car mode doesn't look that great.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    Car mode doesn't look that great.
    Wha...?

I think the car mode looks better then the robot mode...

Although flying car mode looks ugly, lol
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

Okay, brief thoughts:

* Flight Mode looks ridiculous... if you're not a fan of G1. Objectively speaking it does look silly, but it's exactly what the G1 toy and cartoon model did, and is quite accurate to that. Those of us who grew up with G1 loved Tracks' Flight Mode because he was, at the time, one of the few Autobots who could fly - and the only Autobot Car* who could (aside from Sideswipe in robot mode, but his rocket pack only gives him very limited flight capacity, whereas Tracks has sustained flight). It was a freakin' awesome intermediate mode! The two stabilisers at the back are a really nice touch.

* One thing I don't like about the Flight Mode, at least on my toy, is that the tabs on the arms don't lock in well into the slots on the sides of the car. Even if I push 'em in hard, they just sit there pretty loosely. Not sure if it's just isolated to my figure though.

* I can see what DELTAprime meant when he said that Tracks' transformation is complicated... it's not difficult per se, but it is rather fiddly. The trickiest part for me is uncoupling the rear section of the vehicle. I find it's easier when I use one hand to pinch the doors in and gently pull/wiggle them in the opposite direction. I strongly recommend using the instructions, especially when separating the legs, as it shows you where the tabs are located (and thus where you should be exerting separating force). At least have the instructions next to you as standby just in case.

* The body feels rather "panelformed," and relies on four tabs to hold it together. The shoulder tabs on mine actually hold together reasonably well. It's not the greatest, but not bad either, especially considering that this toy is housing a tertiary intermediate flight mode which other MP Cars don't. I find that the tabs on the "ribs" are actually more prone to popping out, at least on mine. I wonder if removing at least one of the wing mirrors might help, as they both press up against each other in robot mode.

* The head on mine doesn't want to lock into place very strongly. It's fine for display purposes, but is prone to either dropping back or falling forwards during play. I prefer the latter.

* The engine is a really nice touch, cos let's face it, who hasn't recreated the episode "Make Tracks" with their G1 Tracks toy before? I used to use a Lego man to represent Raoul (and every other human ), but of course, I would always have to imagine Tracks having his bonnet popped up. Now I can actually do it! Unfortunately...

* I really wish that Raoul had articulation like the Spike & Daniel figurines that came w/ MP Convoy & Ultra Magnus. I'd gladly sacrifice the display stand if it meant having a better Raoul figure. Now where's that Lego man?

* Love the flip-around logo panel. Even though Tracks' logo was never concealed in the cartoon, I prefer having it hidden in vehicle mode.

* A shame that the missile launchers are so small, but it's unavoidable considering that they're self-contained weapons that have to tuck inside in vehicle mode. They also transform into landing gears for the flight mode, which I haven't tested out yet.

Overall
    Not as solid as other MP Cars, but still a reasonably good figure in its own right. Recommended.

--------------------------------------------------------
    *As in the sub-group. I know that the Overdrive and Downshift were also Autobot cars with flight modes, but Tracks was the only Autobot Car with a flight mode!

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateGalvatron View Post
    Wha...?

I think the car mode looks better then the robot mode...

Although flying car mode looks ugly, lol
    The pin at the window looks like a crack to me.

I have the same problem with the flight mode arm tabs. It seems to me the tabs are too big for the socket.

I also have made the head go too far forward because mine doesn't lock in place.

I really like the flight mode. Although and it may be angles photos are taken from, but my backpack has a lot more space between the top of the head and the back bumper. Or I am clipping it on wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurmus View Post
    I really like the flight mode. Although and it may be angles photos are taken from, but my backpack has a lot more space between the top of the head and the back bumper. Or I am clipping it on wrong.
    Same here. It feels like a Mini-Con could hide out in there.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post

* I really wish that Raoul had articulation like the Spike & Daniel figurines that came w/ MP Convoy & Ultra Magnus. I'd gladly sacrifice the display stand if it meant having a better Raoul figure. Now where's that Lego man?
    Oddly enough at this size I actually prefer the non articulated posed figure to the goofy proportioned Spike figures who only look any good when in Optimus or Magnus's cab. I don't actually think the articulated figures are any better as they look completely unnatural in any pose. For display purposes Raoul actually looks good just standing there posed with the MP's, though I do think he is a touch small.

Of course a Lego minifigure would be better, but they put effort into their minifigs.

I want a fixed pose Mp scale GB Blackrock figurine now.