View Poll Results: JP MP-25 Tracks - worth buying?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

26 78.79%
  • Only if...

3 9.09%
  • Not worth it

2 6.06%
  • Not even interested

2 6.06%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - JP MP-25 Masterpiece Tracks

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I can't see why Nippon yasan charged customer twice the price for shipping. Granted is heavier but not a bigger box.

I love the alt mode on Tracks the Corvette is a really nice looking car and he looks great with his fellow bots. He does have quite a bit of visible kibble underneath. As for his bot mode not a fan of the backpack it just seems to hang there and looks a bit off side on being hollow and noticeable.

His transformation is fairly complex compared to recent MP's did anyone have trouble splitting the legs? Mine felt like they were glued together, my friend and I had to put a lot of force to split them. I looked up youtube vids to see if we were doing it right and they all split effortlessly. It was just 1 tab right at the end of the bonnet that was very hard to pull apart got it in the end but it was very tough.

Also love your bot mode pics Goki had to try something similar with mine with how he holds the pistol.

Yeah, separating the legs is tricky. I looked at the instructions which shows you where the connection points are, and I "jiggled" at those points. But yeah, it wasn't easy.

Got mine a couple of days ago. He looks very nice my one critique would be his head joint doesn't seem to lock into place and can fall back....

Quote Originally Posted by loophole View Post
    Got mine a couple of days ago. He looks very nice my one critique would be his head joint doesn't seem to lock into place and can fall back....
    I've found that (while probably not supposed to) you can push the head plate further so it pops onto the other side. Gives more articulation a bit to the head because he can now look down. Also stops it from falling back

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    I've found that (while probably not supposed to) you can push the head plate further so it pops onto the other side. Gives more articulation a bit to the head because he can now look down. Also stops it from falling back
    I'll give it a try next time i transform him, thanks

Comparison with Binaltech Tracks...

Finally got to open him last night. My thoughts:

Robot Mode
    Certainly the best mode by far. A really great representation of how he looked in the cartoon. Great colours, well proportioned and articulated - only thing is his backpack looks quite hollow.

Car Mode
    Very nice, though I like the G1 version more with its longer hood. Looked like a proper muscle car.

Flying Car Mode
    To my mind the weakest of the modes. The little tailfins are a great addition and yeah it looks like it did on the cartoon (which I suppose is the point of this toyline), but I liked that the original toy had the black backpack thing with the big cannons on it. Made it look like it was a flying battle mode and that is certainly how he's been represented in the comics, even semi-recently when the Autobots attacks Kimia. So even with the stand, I'll be using this mode the least - just looks like a car with some wings stuck on the bottom like G1 Wheeljack.

Raoul and Blaster
    Raoul is nice enough, Blaster looks great! Can't wait to get Titan Wars Blaster so I've got the biggest and smallest representations of him

Overall
    Decent car mode, great robot mode, average flying car mode. A good MP but it certainly didn't take my breath away. Besides the robot mode I still prefer my G1 Tracks over this.

Hasbro version

Box. Note the English "Ages 15+" sticker added to the front. Otherwise the box is identical to the Japanese release.

Sample shots of the English language instructions

And no, I have no idea how much Toys R Us are going to charge for this toy.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Hasbro version

And no, I have no idea how much Toys R Us are going to charge for this toy.
    Hopefully under $130 for a realistic TRU price.