Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Generations Rattrap

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    I recon that blaster is made up of two or three separate pieces, if only because of the fact that a weapon that size would be difficult to hide in such a small figure.

Possibly the hilt will resemble his original blaster:
    Good observation!

I don't think the final product will have a transparent blaster. Surely this is still a WIP photo of the toy. I'd be quite surprised (and disappointed) if the rifle isn't coloured upon final release.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Meh... if they were doing the Transmetal version I'd consider picking him up. Not a fan of organic looking alt-modes. But can cetainly understand why BW fans would be chuffed about this figure.
    The original form is certainly a better robot in disguise. TM Rattrap = Dinobot's taxi.

Quote Originally Posted by ChlorHex View Post
    Love this Rattrap (although the originals still hold a special place in my collection )
    Yeah, the original Rattrap is still my favourite. The flipchangers cop some flak from some fans, but I quite like them because you get that "real time" transformation during play. With other toys you kinda have to suspend the action while transforming. "Big Convoy, henshin!" <30 min later> "Maximals, att---, aah screw this..."; whereas w/ flipchangers it's like, "Rattrap Maximise!" <3 seconds later> "Pew! Pew! Pew!"

Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
    Not 100% accurate to the show model or original toy like Rhinox and Waspinator were, seems more like a re-imagining like Dinobot was back for Universe 2.0
    Yeah, but IMHO Univ. Dinobot and Cheetor really didn't improve much on the original toys, whereas Rhinox really looks like a significant improvement in terms of design/engineering (mind you, he's also a larger and dearer Voyager whereas the original was a Deluxe - Univ. Dinobot and Cheetor were Deluxes same as the originals). Rattrap looks like a marked improvement over the original, although I doubt he's a Scout.

Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
    looking at the forearms they can definitely swing open, but I doubt there would be removable bombs stored in there. it might just be an opening panel with a moulded bomb or something.
    I suspect so. A very nice feature if it is true.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Good observation!

I don't think the final product will have a transparent blaster. Surely this is still a WIP photo of the toy. I'd be quite surprised (and disappointed) if the rifle isn't coloured upon final release.
    The thing to note is that Rattrap's head/brain piece looks to be transparent as well, so the gun pieces would be cast in the same piece of plastic.

I'm going to take a stab and say that the Takara version will have a chrome head piece (and thus perhaps chrome blaster) where as the final Hasbro version will just be grey.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

The thing to note is that Rattrap's head/brain piece looks to be transparent as well, so the gun pieces would be cast in the same piece of plastic.

I'm going to take a stab and say that the Takara version will have a chrome head piece (and thus perhaps chrome blaster) where as the final Hasbro version will just be grey.
    Yeah I agree. I also suspect that the photo seen here is heavily photoshopped and that the real Hasbro Rattrap won't be as 'shiny'. Will go with the Japanese version most likely. Need to get myself that Rhinox too.

Looking forward to this. It looks extremely good.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Yeah I agree. I also suspect that the photo seen here is heavily photoshopped and that the real Hasbro Rattrap won't be as 'shiny'. Will go with the Japanese version most likely. Need to get myself that Rhinox too.

Looking forward to this. It looks extremely good.
    For sure. He's a cover-girl after all

2014 is looking like my most expensive for collecting in a very, very long time.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...

Not sure where the "scout" idea comes from. I don't see any way this toy is anything smaller than deluxe. Although given the shrinking size of deluxe's, that may work out well.

For sure. He's a cover-girl after all

2014 is looking like my most expensive for collecting in a very, very long time.
    You still collect

Anyone ever consider doing a really gross custom of rattrap with actual rat hair?

Anyone want to do one for me?

What are some good other Beast Wars figs to go with this besides Waspy and Rhinox?

Quote Originally Posted by 1orion2many View Post
    You still collect
    Hahaha! Part-time. A few years off, one year on...

Quote Originally Posted by Bioofdude
    What are some good other Beast Wars figs to go with this besides Waspy and Rhinox?
    Try and find the 10th Anniversary repaint/resculpts of Optimus Primal and Megatron. They'll look great next to these new 'bots.

Quote Originally Posted by Ploughmans Lunch View Post
    Anyone ever consider doing a really gross custom of rattrap with actual rat hair?

Anyone want to do one for me?
    You supply the rats...