Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: NYCC news and new reveals

bowspearer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHyren View Post
    The Scorponok head really makes me wonder if we will ever get a Titan class Scorponok or not. I mean yes there was a Rodimus head in the Chaos box set and now we're getting a Rodimus figure in PotP but by the same token we have a multitude of random loose heads (like Fangry and Horri-Bull) that have no bodies and dont look to be getting any.
    You also have Brawn getting both a Titanmaster and Legends release in TR.

That said, I don't think you can treat Scorponok like the Headmaster Jrs. Yes with the Headmaster Jrs, HasTak missed out on a half dozen deluxes, a Voyager with Apeface, etc, but they really are a different kettle of fish.

One thing I've noticed is there seems to be a sense of completionism at play with this trilogy with the Combiners and Cityformers.

The fact is that with the exception of the Seacons (and for all we know, they're a later release yet to surface) and Monstructor (although people are noticing the similarities between PotP Cutthroat and Wildfly so who knows), this trilogy will have given us every single combiner from 1985-1988 that saw release in both markets.

Likewise if you class Omega Supreme as a Cityformer (although that's somewhat of a long bow to draw), then there are only 2 Cityformers which have yet to have been given a modern update in the last few years.

Given the way PotP combines gimicks from all three parts of the Trilogy, I highly doubt that we wouldn't get a PotP Scorponok finish off the Cityformers.

In fact I wouldn't be surprised if the figure came with a Deluxe sized head which had a Matrix slot or Prime Master slot of some kind.

I recall a Hasbro person at some point being quoted that they don't leave groups incomplete. It just seems to take some time!

I'd expect a Titan Scorponok will be come along, and a deluxe Repugnus.

I also believe the Dinobot and Terrorcon molds should also give us anough base molds for a set of Seacons and Pretender Monsters (possibly as box set exclusives like Computron and Liokaiser and probably with some compromises on the sixth member in each team).

Didn't Scorponok win one of those fan vote things?

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    Didn't Scorponok win one of those fan vote things?
    Nah, that was Trypticon, which we got this year.

The next winner was Optimus Primal, which we are getting as a Leader POTP toy next year.

Since the next Titan Class toy is Predaking for 2018, I don't think Scorponok will happen before 2019.

I really want a new Omega Supreme toy, that has more articulation, and less parts-forming.
    Just not a new Omega Spreem toy...

I forgot to mention, I really like how Blot’s hand transforms from his claw. 99% of the time they would have just left a moulded fist between each claw.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Nah, that was Trypticon, which we got this year.

The next winner was Optimus Primal, which we are getting as a Leader POTP toy next year.

Since the next Titan Class toy is Predaking for 2018, I don't think Scorponok will happen before 2019.

I really want a new Omega Supreme toy, that has more articulation, and less parts-forming.
    Just not a new Omega Spreem toy...
    I agree wholeheartedly and going back further there's a pattern forming to back you up:

1. FOC = Titan Metroplex (stand alone)
    2. CW = Titan Devastator (combiner)
    3. TR = Titan Trypticon and titan Fortress Maximus* (stand alones)
    4. POTP = Titan Predaking (combiner)

*Note that Fortress Maximus is not that big a departure from titan Metroplex in terms of fundamentals.

I don't think Grotusque has hit ToysRUs in America yet, but it has now been found at TRU in Hong Kong.
    We aren't expected to get Arcee or Grotusque here, but if you can get to HK, or have a friend over there, you might be able to get one without the huge scalper markup from America.

I know people already bought most of them. I have friends in Hk telling me that. I am trying to get a few as well. See if I am lucky enough.