View Poll Results: Your Devastator experience?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Got him on the first night/day. Damn I'm good.

19 35.19%
  • Found him on the shelf on Friday or after. More luck than you imagine!

2 3.70%
  • Went through some/a lot of trouble and eventually secured mine. Nothin's gonna stand in my way!

4 7.41%
  • Reserved one in person or over the phone and I finally got that phone call. I've got the touch

6 11.11%
  • I'm still waiting for that phone call ..I need it so bad and it's burning me!

4 7.41%
  • They told me it's sold out/all units have been reserved/have no idea what happened

1 1.85%
  • I still haven't got one and I'll just wait for the later release. I still function!

6 11.11%
  • I'll get the superior TT version. I've got better things to do tonight.

12 22.22%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Your experience with Big W's Devastator offering so far?

went to the midnight opening at Sunbury, then when I couldn't find Devy there went straight to Watergardens. no Devy there either.
    the next day I checked Melton and Sunshine and the day after that Highpoint.
    then started calling around and received mixed results from every store I called ranging from "sorry we haven't got any in stock" to "sold out" to "They haven't arrived yet but try again next week" to "we don't accept questions about toys during the sale" (HUH?)
    after hearing about people getting to put their names down for when Devastator arrives I tried asking about that and was told "no we can't hold catalogue items, you must have been misinformed"
    I tried my local Big W every evening after that, just in case they finally had some but never saw any.
    finally just gave up and Pre-ordered the Takara version from PC

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I guess is just disappointed in how this was rolled out. They should have ensured all stores had him before releasing the catalog.

Basically the last 4 points of this poll was my result.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    I guess is just disappointed in how this was rolled out. They should have ensured all stores had him before releasing the catalog.

Basically the last 4 points of this poll was my result.
    I found an extra this morning. Available in this thread: http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=21181

Seems so far the scores are that 28 got him and 19 didn't. So about a 60% success rate. Not bad but not great, especially for those that missed out

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Seems so far the scores are that 28 got him and 19 didn't. So about a 60% success rate. Not bad but not great, especially for those that missed out
    Have to agree with you there, though my experience wasn't best result doesn't mean is bad. I was not lucky.