View Poll Results: How do you display your collection.

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • By year

1 2.17%
  • By line

20 43.48%
  • By year + line

2 4.35%
  • by character

1 2.17%
  • Another way (please specify)

11 23.91%
  • A combination of methods.

11 23.91%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How do you display your figures?

It's interesting thinking about how I displayed my Transformers as a kid vs. how I displayed them now. As a kid, my idea of "organising" my display was keeping the Transformers together via sub groups; but never bothered sorting by faction or series etc.

The way that I displayed my TFs as a kid was similar to the kid in the Lego Movie -- just put different TFs from different series together. The way that I display them now is more like the dad. Although I do certainly play my toy most liberally. The idea of only keeping them as static displays feels somewhat Lord Business.

Havent got the space to have the whole collection out. Mainly got MP's on show as well as the new combiner stuff. Takara Jetwing Prime and Cybertron Leader Prime are on show. And then any recent purchases stay out for a while

All the alternators, alternity, classics, generations and movie toys are in 2 big tubs.

How many people are maintain 'series segregation' in their display?

My toys are displayed on separate shelves according to their series, e.g. 1984 Autobots, 1984 Decepticons, 1985 Autobots and so on. I do mix in reissues and retroactive toys onto those shelves though, e.g. my New Year Special Convoy is on my '84 Autobot shelf, and Magnificus is on my '85 Decepticon shelf etc. Does anyone else do this?

Then I think back to how I used to display my toys. As a kid, I maintained sub-group apartheid, but not restricted to chronology as I do now. e.g. I would have all Pretenders grouped together; both 1988 and '89 etc. I experimented with more stringent forms of segregation when I was temporarily living away from home as a uni student, but then I moved back to complete my post-grad studies, and things got crammed into my old bedroom. It wasn't until I started working full time and permanently moved out of home that I began segregating my toys in a manner that's more similar to how I display them now.

I don't maintain segregation by year of release that way, but I do, where possible, group by fictional connection - for example the right-hand side of my Classics-verse shelf is all crew of the Lost Light. I've also got a few of the Wreckers together, Seekers together and up until recently I had Shockwave's Dark Cybertron "rebels" I guess together on the shelf.

So how's everyone organising CHUG characters? I've rearranged my displays and I have more shelf space now but can't settle on how to display CHUG characters. I've ruled out some type of IDW organisation because it seems like everyone has shown up in IDW at some point.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Over the past few months, I've more and more been using the tiered kitchen stands with the rubber bases from K-Mart. They don't eliminate the problem of shelves being over-crowded but they help a lot. The issue I have with them, if I could be said to have one, is that they eliminate the possibility of doing battle scenes really well. But they do make everything look nicely organised. I hope I'm not getting too Lord Business with it!

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    So how's everyone organising CHUG characters? I've rearranged my displays and I have more shelf space now but can't settle on how to display CHUG characters. I've ruled out some type of IDW organisation because it seems like everyone has shown up in IDW at some point.
    I sort of do it by association w/i the IDW timeline, one end of my bench is the Lost Light crew, Shockwave was displayed next to Waspinator,Jhiaxus & Dreadwing, Lockdown w/ Lugnut & Vehicons, Wreckers together (Springer, Sandstorm, Roadbuster, with Kup in front), Fembots together and other characters wherever there's space, and next to another use of the same mould (i.e. the Nissan brothers are all together, as are the Seekers, Inferno/Grapple etc