Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: Canon

I'd be interested to hear some more of that.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

I thought that after the Maximals lost Beast Machines they went underground to recover..whatever they do now that all organic life has been purged (except them). In the meanwhile Megatron begins refining his own robot mode and technology, attempting to reach technological purity/ perfection.
    But he keeps it for himself.
    The maximals decide that even though they failed to bring organic life back to Cybertron they still had a duty to free all the trapped sparks Megatron has sealed.
    So their quest is to free the sparks and deliver Megatrons new refined technology to everyone.
    Obviously they win and achieve their goal and with everyone on equal footing a new golden age begins.
    Key note: The Maximals purge of organic components is painful and may even cost one their life.

I assume you mean after the Maximals lost the Beast Wars (not BM) they went underground...

The whole idea that it was Cybertron's (Primus') will for the Maximals to bring back the organic to Cybertron, I always found stupider than something very stupid.

I always saw it the other way around. The Maximals weren't to bring back the organic, but (by accident or intention) bring back Transmetal technology, which is no doubt where TransTech moves on from, technologically speaking.

And from what I understand of yours, you're thinking something similar.

Megatron would be testing Transmetal technology (we saw him do it in Feral Scream) and adapting it to more vehicular forms rather than Beast forms.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...

The idea was to bring organic life back to Cybertron so that balance could be restored between the organic and technological. Cybertron was originally an organic planet before it was transformed by Primus into a mechanical world - and initially technorganic life existed on Cybertron before the Transformers did. And Cybertron has an organic core.

There is evidence from G1 that supports this, such as:
    + We know that Primus didn't create Cybertron from scratch. It was an asteroid that he rebuilt as Cybertron. Perhaps this asteroid (planetoid) harboured organic life before his arrival.
    + In the G1 comics, when the Autobot Classic Pretenders and Rescue Patrol found Primus; it's a technorganic core - even with water leading toward the centre (which Seawatch happily exploits when he takes out Bludgeon )

+ In the G1 cartoon episode "Dweller In The Depths", the core of Cybertron appears organic.
    + In the same G1 ep, we come across the "Transorganics" -- essentially ancient technorganic creatures in Cybertron's core.
    + In the G1 comics, Cybertron is populated by technorganic mutants, who claim to have lived on Cybertron longer than the Transformers. Sadly none of these underground mutants are hawt like Futurama's Leela. ;p
    + The ancient Cybertronian's "budding" method of reproduction is arguably technorganic in nature
    + In "The Rebirth," Plasma energy effects all mechanical beings, but organic life is immune. And it's thanks to the Headmasters and Targetmasters who have binary bonded themselves to organic Nebulans (and two humans) that Cybertron is saved and a prophecy fulfilled.

Quote Originally Posted by Verno
    I always found stupider than something very stupid.
    But there's canonical evidence from G1 and that... that... that... okay, yeah, it's stupid.

Well, the stupid thing about it is that the ending of Beast Machines just boxed Transformers continuity into a corner that, other than a few obscure comics, nobody has really attempted to continue from. All mainstream TF continuity since BM have been reboots instead. (-_-)

Quote Originally Posted by Verno
    I always saw it the other way around. The Maximals weren't to bring back the organic, but (by accident or intention) bring back Transmetal technology, which is no doubt where TransTech moves on from, technologically speaking.
    I'd like to think by accident. The idea of the Beast Wars being some "foretold destiny" to bring organic elements back to Cybertron is just lame.

Even if Cybertron did evolve from organic world... the fact is that it evolved into a machine world. The idea of going back to becoming quasi-organic seems like de-evolution in a way. It's like saying because humans evolved from monkeys that they need to start swinging from trees and flinging their own faeces around to achieve harmonious spiritual balance.

The seeds of the future are buried in the poop of the past!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I'd like to think by accident. The idea of the Beast Wars being some "foretold destiny" to bring organic elements back to Cybertron is just lame.[/i]
    You don't think anything in BW had been foretold? Lets not forget the Covenant of Primus. It was giving a pretty good version of the end of the BW in some pretty good detail.

I like to think the Covenant (meaning promise or vow with a god) of Primus gives an outline of the change into the TransTech future, beginning with the BW guys bringing Transmetal technology back to Cybertron, Unicron returning and Primus dying etc (see Vernoverse for more details)

No, I meant the Beast Machines. If the Maximals lost in that series it would open the way for Trans Tech. Everything else is spot on.

The Covenant of Primus wasn't a foretelling, it was more of a history book. Because they travelled back in time they're exploits in the Beast Wars were recorded though they didn't know it was a history lesson nutil they actually wen back in time. Time Travel does my head in.

I like the concept of how they were meant to bring back Transmetal technology rather then organic life. Going back to that shared state does seem like de-evolution but also is about restoring the balance

Quote Originally Posted by LordCyrusOmega View Post
    No, I meant the Beast Machines. If the Maximals lost in that series it would open the way for Trans Tech. Everything else is spot on.
    If the Maximals lost BM, then there would be no one to fight Megatron. Megatron already had Cheetor's, Rattrap's etc sparks, and only left Optimus to fight him. If Optimus had lost, then it was game over. There were no other bots around to take up arms.

What about off world autobots such as the junkions? A few of those with optimus at command could free some random sparks (I'd leave rattrap, LOL). Or alternatively you could bring back a fan favourite in (wait for it) Waspinator. Having been left on earth he could have stayed hidden with a covenant of primus (perhaps stolen from the heavily damaged nemesis) to read for millions of years and possibly begin to understand, making him a sort of new Alpha Trion (like from the WFC exodus book). He could return to cybertron at just the right moment having knowledge of what he needed to do from the covenant and having perfected his own transformations from studying the book. These are only ideas I'm rolling off the top of my head remember so probably flawed by other series events.

He could read the Covenant on his long flight home

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    He could read the Covenant on his long flight home
    True. I was more thinking that he's left on Earth millions of years in the past so be could hang out there for a while with his reading material. He could even check out some G1 action take place first hand and being from their distant future he could probably evade detection completely. Whose to say Waspinator wasn't present for all of the events of G1 and so on.

EDIT: And it would be kinda nice seeing Waspinator become a very intelligent and resourceful Transformer as he was always a bit behind everyone else. Nothing a few million years couldn't fix