View Poll Results: Your Devastator experience?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Got him on the first night/day. Damn I'm good.

19 35.19%
  • Found him on the shelf on Friday or after. More luck than you imagine!

2 3.70%
  • Went through some/a lot of trouble and eventually secured mine. Nothin's gonna stand in my way!

4 7.41%
  • Reserved one in person or over the phone and I finally got that phone call. I've got the touch

6 11.11%
  • I'm still waiting for that phone call ..I need it so bad and it's burning me!

4 7.41%
  • They told me it's sold out/all units have been reserved/have no idea what happened

1 1.85%
  • I still haven't got one and I'll just wait for the later release. I still function!

6 11.11%
  • I'll get the superior TT version. I've got better things to do tonight.

12 22.22%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Your experience with Big W's Devastator offering so far?

Default Your experience with Big W's Devastator offering so far?

Just wanted to know how of us have got theirs and how many are still actively seeking one.

I think the majority of metro Melbourne store have yet to receive their stock so personally I still have hope...and sometimes that's not a good thing

So instead of doing the sensible thing (other than of cause not buying him ) and waking up early so I could go to Big W and pick him up, I decided to go up to Erina Fair since I had a really good feeling I was gonna find him up there. Much to my surprise there was 1 left and I asked the woman out front if this was reserved for anyone. She asked someone else if this was reserved for anyone else. Since it wasn't for reserve I was able to pick one up. I was gonna look around Big W for the $10 deluxes (that's actually what I spent the rest of the day looking for), but I could not find them. Apparently I learnt they are in the most ridiculous places like behind the menswear.
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

I still haven't got one and I'll just wait for the later release. I still function!
    This

Ive given up considering perth big w's never got them (yet). So, now I will wait for the takara version.

I went to the midnight opening and was told they hadn't come in. Put my name down on a list (first person too) and they said they would call me when it came in. Apparently a shipment was expected in the next 24 hours.

My mate spotted someone with one the next day but said he couldn't find them in store. I rang Big W and got put through the ringer of "They all sold out" (which I told them was ridiculous as I supposedly had one reserved) and then got told they hadn't come in yet. I said my mate saw one there and they were just all "umm ahhh". Couldn't get a straight answer.

Nothing Friday. I rang and said still not in.

Saturday I got the call after lunch saying he was in. A member on here also said they got theirs from the same store and saw another behind the counter. I presume the one they saw was mine. When I went to pick it up the Big W staff weren't overly helpful and once again told me they weren't in, despite me saying I got a phone call. Basically, before I could blow my stack, they found it.

Honestly if I just plain missed out on buying Devastator, I would have been bummed, but I would have gotten over it and secured it through other means. It's just all of Big W's bullsh*t and they way they could never give straight answers that really frustrated me and I imagine mostly everyone else.

I'm on the magic list but I don't think that's going to come through.

I'll just get one at full retail or, failing that, order the Takara release online.

I don't have Dev, but then again, I'm not looking for him.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

I went in at midnight as soon as the toy sale started. Went rushing around the store to find one with no luck. Went to the front counter and was the first to put my name down. Went in again a couple of days ago to make sure my name was on the list and they were actually getting them.

And today I got the phone call he was ready to pick up. So apart from them not having him as soon as the toy sale started, it all worked out fine.

Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by CBratron View Post
    I don't have Dev, but then again, I'm not looking for him.
    Same here.

I'm probably going to go for the Takara one so I didn't bother. It does seem like there wasn't much consistency or communication across the board.