Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Takara's Take on Trypticon -- LG43

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Yeah I found the same - that's pretty expensive for HLJ.

I ordered mine the day he was listed before they upped the price by 5000yen a week or two later. Wonder if they are trying to recoup their losses since they were obligated to sell those first orders at the wrong price
    I thought their initial preorder price was always cheaper as I've had a few items now go up after I've po'd. Lucky for me I had some store credit so it was only 16000yen but mine will sit I'm my Pw waiting for the next lot of legends figs to drop in

Quote Originally Posted by ZoonMaster5000 View Post
    I thought their initial preorder price was always cheaper as I've had a few items now go up after I've po'd. Lucky for me I had some store credit so it was only 16000yen but mine will sit I'm my Pw waiting for the next lot of legends figs to drop in
    Really? I don't think I have and I've been shopping with them for 6 years.

But then maybe I actually have and not noticed it. This was a 50000 yen change (at that time of currency comparison that equalled about fifty bucks AUS ) so was a significant difference. Given I often preorder things 6 months in advance its possible its happened with other orders of mine and I was just oblivious to it as the difference was not as great.

But then maybe I actually have and not noticed it. This was a 50000 yen change (at that time of currency comparison that equalled about fifty bucks AUS ) so was a significant difference. Given I often preorder things 6 months in advance its possible its happened with other orders of mine and I was just oblivious to it as the difference was not as great.
    Well the only other one I can think of is Magna convoy I noticed that went up nearly 2000yen. Maybe just a couple of one offs

At the moment Nippon Yasan seems to be the cheapest in stock. But I can't afford $300+ish for this one

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures...trypticon.html

Quote Originally Posted by ZoonMaster5000 View Post
    Well the only other one I can think of is Magna convoy I noticed that went up nearly 2000yen. Maybe just a couple of one offs
    HLJ's Transformer preorders almost always have an "earlybird" price (though I'm not sure if they still call it that these days) which is a discount from their normal price. It usually lasts for a little while during the pre-order timeframe (if not for the whole duration. I usually have my preorders done within a couple of days of the listing going up - so not sure how long it lasts now. Years ago figures still available for preorder a couple months after the listing appeared would end up back to full price before release.)

As an example - the latest round of Legends preorders:
    LG58 Clones - 2,800 (my preorder) - Now 3,500 (order stop)
    LG59 Blitzwing - 4,400 (my preorder) - Now 5,500 (order stop)
    LG60 Overlord - 6,800 (my preorder) - Now 8,500 (order stop)

So definitely makes sense to try and get those preorders in early

Quote Originally Posted by TAAUBlaster View Post
    HLJ's Transformer preorders almost always have an "earlybird" price (though I'm not sure if they still call it that these days) which is a discount from their normal price. It usually lasts for a little while during the pre-order timeframe (if not for the whole duration. I usually have my preorders done within a couple of days of the listing going up - so not sure how long it lasts now. Years ago figures still available for preorder a couple months after the listing appeared would end up back to full price before release.)

As an example - the latest round of Legends preorders:
    LG58 Clones - 2,800 (my preorder) - Now 3,500 (order stop)
    LG59 Blitzwing - 4,400 (my preorder) - Now 5,500 (order stop)
    LG60 Overlord - 6,800 (my preorder) - Now 8,500 (order stop)

So definitely makes sense to try and get those preorders in early
    Huh - well there ya go. I guess once I order things on their site I don't click on that item again in searches to see if anything has changed.

I learned something today

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    That mini comic is from the TT website. Not the toy comic yet. That mean Trypticon has 3 comics dedicated to him!
    Okay... the in-box comic and techspec has now been posted up as well.

A rough english translation of the mini-comic that didn't come with the toy (just be aware that you read right to left with the panels, because it is a Japanese publication).

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    A rough english translation of the mini-comic that didn't come with the toy (just be aware that you read right to left with the panels, because it is a Japanese publication).
    And a better version here (shameless plug)
    https://tetstoys.blogspot.jp/2017/08...web-comic.html
    Last edited by Tetsuwan Convoy; 30th August 2017 at 12:41 PM. Reason: forgot the cheeky wink

Having guiding arrows is a good idea, as it will help westerners who instinctively read left to right.