why thank you dirge

George
    www.mariokart64.com
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"
    --------------------------------------------------------

Excrement!

If I may begin:

To me, much of the extra articles all cover something that is already quite clearly summed up in Article 1, which is:

1. Any product created under licence from Hasbro Inc. and/or Takara(Tomy) Co., Ltd under the "Transformers?" logo.

and

2. The toy must transform.

Which articles are TRULY required for further clarification and which articles go against that clarification?

e.g. Article 12 seems to greatly conflict with point 2

jaydisc is referring to Gok's UCM, by the way

Transformers Juniors & Choro-Qs don't conflict, but I agree that Revoltechs and bearbricks do!

Really the only non transforming figures which have specifically defined as actual Transformers by HasTakTomy are the Actionmasters. And while a _lot_ of fans aren't so keen on them, few would argue their status as proper Transformers for that reason.

The other stuff like Revoltech and HOCs were never really defined by HasTakTomy as true Transformers. So I don't count 'em.

I also don't count the two Microman figures (Superlink Kicker and Ga'mede), even though I possess and enjoy both (:

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

TheDirtyDigger Guest

I count customs coz I think they are actually cooler than factory-produced.

revoltechs are just cartoon accurate moveable figures

they must never be counted or a torrent of 'your mum' jokes will sear onto your speech pattern

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc
    To me, much of the extra articles all cover something that is already quite clearly summed up in Article 1, which is:

1. Any product created under licence from Hasbro Inc. and/or Takara(Tomy) Co., Ltd under the "Transformers?" logo.
    That is true. Article01 is the only article that wasn't decided by popular vote because it is a legal fact. Having said that, it is a very broad definition... by this definition, Transformers DVDs, comic books, bedsheets, Zippo lighters, dinner plates, drinking glasses/cups, cards, board games, video/computer games, bags and undies would count too.

and

So you don't count Action Masters? (o_O) Action Masters were a prominent part of the late G1 toy line, and they also feature in G1 continuity (and arguably in early G2 continuity too - when Megatron journeyed to Transcaparthia he had been restored to life by Nucleon, although he still retained the ablity to transform, unlike his AM toy).

And would you count Happy Meal toys and model kits that can transform, like say Transmetal Dinobot?

Happy Meal Transmetal Dinobot transforms from dinosaur to robot & back!

Which articles are TRULY required for further clarification and which articles go against that clarification?

I think the rationale is that Nebulans, Pretender shells and Action Master partners are not meaningful Transformer action figures on their own. If you owned Krunk but not Snapdragon, you couldn't really play with that toy as a fully functioning Transformer - Krunk transforms from a Nebulan into Snapdragon's head. Without Snapdragon, he's pretty useless as a Transformer toy. What would you do with Skullgrin's shell if all you had was the shell? Would you count Action Master Jazz's Turboboard as a separate Transformer?

Now say if you had regular Chromedome and TF Jr. Chromedome. Both can transform - in almost the same way. Both their heads can detach and transform into a smaller Master Robot/Nebulan - both even have a tech specs meter in their chests! Granted that TF Jr Chromedome is a smaller and simpler version of regular Chromedome, he is still a meaningful and functioning Transformer action figure in his own right. Ditto Choro Q Megatron. He transforms from a Walther P-38 to robot and back. Sure, both modes are super-deformed and the gun mode rolls with an oh-so-cute pull-back motor - but it is still a meaningful Transformer in its own right.

A child could play with a TF Jr or Choro-Q Transformer as a fully functional and meaningful Transformer action figure on their own. You can't really do that with a Pretender Shell!
    Last edited by GoktimusPrime; 21st January 2008 at 10:41 PM.

TheDirtyDigger Guest

I don't count my kids TF's even though they got Slumberbee and a heap of real gears and movie and energon Arcee's. Theirs is theirs...mine is mine.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDigger View Post
    I don't count my kids TF's even though they got Slumberbee and a heap of real gears and movie and energon Arcee's. Theirs is theirs...mine is mine.
    Bah. I'll count your collection as part of mine since when you become all old and senile and unable to transform your TFs, they'll all be mine.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    Excrement!

If I may begin:

and

Well if it meets either of them it should be ok...

The biggest thing is Action Masters etc....

They don't transform but they are Transformers