Page 446 of 467 FirstFirst ... 426436441442443444445446447448449450451456466 ... LastLast
Results 4,451 to 4,460 of 4670

Thread: The Computer/Console Gaming Thread

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    Another quarter, another disastrous return for GameStop (owners of EB Games).

https://venturebeat.com/2019/06/05/g...rice-crumbles/

Their lifeline is to try and hang on until the next generation of consoles launch, because a lot of their revenue comes from hardware sales, through direct purchase and the foot traffic it generates (because you can't download a new console digitally so you have to physically go to the store, unlike games).

They'll die soon. Even leaving aside digital releases, their boxed games are more expensive than JB HiFi/Target/Big W, which is incredibly problematic for them as at least one of those (and sometimes all three) usually exist within the same shopping complex.
    I bet Microsoft sells fewer Xboxes next generation than this generation since they are working on Windows Game Core to allow Xbox native games to run on Windows without modification. Also, Sony sounds like they might be selling the PS5 at prices higher than PS4 Pro going by the hardware in it. I wouldn't be betting on next gen to save a retail-based company.

It reminds me of a quote once stated by a big purple dude.

November's looking expensive already for me and we are only on day 2 of the E3 press conferences.

Steam Summer Sale is on now. Get your games while they're cheap.

Michael Pachter says that going by the specs he has seen for the PS5 it will cost Sony at least $800 USD to make. If it is that high of a cost to produce it will be interesting to see how heavily Sony subsidise the console. I'm not entirely sure I'd buy one if they charged $800 USD for it. I bought a PS3 at launch for $1000 from EB Games and I really didn't get $1000 worth of use out of it before it got hit by the YLOD and I had to buy a new, cheaper PS3. :/

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Michael Pachter says that going by the specs he has seen for the PS5 it will cost Sony at least $800 USD to make. If it is that high of a cost to produce it will be interesting to see how heavily Sony subsidise the console. I'm not entirely sure I'd buy one if they charged $800 USD for it. I bought a PS3 at launch for $1000 from EB Games and I really didn't get $1000 worth of use out of it before it got hit by the YLOD and I had to buy a new, cheaper PS3. :/
    Pachter is one of the most inaccurate analysts in the industry so I would take anything he says with a pinch of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptormesh View Post
    Pachter is one of the most inaccurate analysts in the industry so I would take anything he says with a pinch of salt.
    Honestly given how stupid expensive PCIe Gen 4 SSDs are and how much AMD is charging for Zen 2 and Navi I wouldn't be at all surprised if the cost to Sony is in the $800 range. Also, the PS5 dev kit has been leaked by Sony themselves in a patent filing and it looks terrible. I hope someone who is not 6 years old designs the consumer units. https://wccftech.com/playstation-5-dev-kit-leak/

i've been playing shadow of the tomb raider lately, trying to do a few side missions as well. i think it is bigger overall than the previous 2. i am enjoying it a bit. still disappointed that the star wars 1313 game was cancelled. i would love to play star wars version of uncharted/tomb raider.

Anyone playing crash team racing? I find it boring as i cant play online. Into gold tier for the final grand prix

Just bought a Switch and I'm enjoying it more than I thought I would. Currently only have Mario Kart and Odyssey as my own games, but borrowed Little Nightmares and Bomberman from a firend. The way the controllers feel, I wish it was easier to get soome classic SNES games on that sucker.

I heard that Ninty were allowing you to play some SNES/NES games if you had an online sunbscription, which brought up a little thought:

You can download and play them as long as you have a subscription, so if you cancel it you lose access. Kind of essentially renting the games, as you aren't buying them outright. Here in Japan, it's against the law to rent out games, ironically due to Nintendo pushing very due to piracy back in the 80s.

Oddly, I can't rent cart games for the switch/any other console, but Nintendo are allowing me to rent these old SNES/NES games.