Page 26 of 71 FirstFirst ... 61621222324252627282930313646 ... LastLast

Thread: The Food Thread - comments and recommendations

Coles used to have that Fluff spread, but not any more... I was looking for it after coming back from BotCon, because I had a pie over there with that sort of sugary/marshmallow stuff on top (which was really delicious) and I wanted to make that sort of pie myself. Now I have to wait until I get back over there to have it again.

Did you buy that stuff from somewhere in Adelaide, or did you order them from somewhere? There's a place in Melbourne that sells American foods online, but there seems to be a lot of lolly kiosks in shopping centres these days that stock a lot of American snacks and foods.

Got it from a place called Lollipop Shop in West Lakes Shopping Centre for $7.50

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Coles used to have that Fluff spread, but not any more... I was looking for it after coming back from BotCon, because I had a pie over there with that sort of sugary/marshmallow stuff on top (which was really delicious) and I wanted to make that sort of pie myself. Now I have to wait until I get back over there to have it again.

Did you buy that stuff from somewhere in Adelaide, or did you order them from somewhere? There's a place in Melbourne that sells American foods online, but there seems to be a lot of lolly kiosks in shopping centres these days that stock a lot of American snacks and foods.
    Griff, you should be able to buy this stuff from IGA's or those neat little convenience stores that stock american sweets like Reese Pieces etc.

The strawberry is my favourite!

Are there other charcoal chicken places in Sydney that tastes close to the granville famous chicken place next to the train station? I tried to google and didn't find any place on the addresses listed there.

Inner west preferred? Blacktown and such?

Went to Blackebys at Tea Tree Plaza, saw the Strawberry Marshmallow Fluff for $10, bought 2 Twinkies and a couple of cereals - Cheerios Apple and Cinnamon and Captain Crunch. Tried twinkies for the first time, they basically have the same ingredients as a vanilla sponge roll you can buy at your local supermarket for much cheaper but just has a different texture and is probably loaded with much more preservatives.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    Went to Blackebys at Tea Tree Plaza, saw the Strawberry Marshmallow Fluff for $10, bought 2 Twinkies and a couple of cereals - Cheerios Apple and Cinnamon and Captain Crunch. Tried twinkies for the first time, they basically have the same ingredients as a vanilla sponge roll you can buy at your local supermarket for much cheaper but just has a different texture and is probably loaded with much more preservatives.
    dude you can get fluff there???? i cant find it anywhere over here...
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

Quote Originally Posted by KalEl View Post
    dude you can get fluff there???? i cant find it anywhere over here...
    You should be able to. Problem with these import stores is that the stock will always vary at different places, I've been to this Blackebys about 5 times now and this was the only time they stocked twinkies. Means you just have to keep visiting these type of places constantly, or call constantly until they stock what you want. I plan on calling weekly to see if they eventually get Apple Jacks.

They should have it at USA Foods in Moorabbin.

Eating Blair's Jolokia Chips (can be bought here: http://www.wildfirechilli.com.au/bla...kia-chips.html)

My tongue is on fire and so is my bunghole!!!

I imported some Halloween themed confectionery from America (from ebay), because the themed stuff (Easter, Christmas, Halloween) is only available for a couple months, and unless really popular, is never produced again. And since BotCon is always between "seasons", I can never try these while over there.

Caramel Apple Milky Way - a very subtle apple after-taste is the only unique thing with them, so aren't anything special.
    Pumpkin Pie slice - an iconic American food is Pumpkin Pie, but is only around this time of year, so I never get to try it. Recipes online are varied, so I'm not sure if I'd end up getting it right. So when I was ordering confectionery items from this seller, I saw they had this packet mix available for Halloween and thought that at least it should turn out to be similar in taste to Pumpkin pie for me to know what it is all about (if it is a sweet pie or a savoury pie). I just haven't tried to make it yet (I was busy last weekend).
    M&Ms Candy Corn - in America, candy corn is a popular sugar-based candy (like jelly beans). These were very sweet, sweeter than normal white chocolate.
    M&Ms Pumpkin Spice - a bit misleading with the name, in that it isn't pumpkin flavour... it is supposed to be the spices from Pumpkin pie. As such, it tastes like fruit cake or plum pudding, with the musty after-taste you get from those rich christmas items.

I got a couple packs of each in the ebay listing, so took some to work and gave the rest away, as I didn't really like the "pumpkin" M&Ms, and couldn't eat too many of the sickly sweet Candy Corn ones.

Just thought I'd share, being Halloween today.