Thread: Kreo to be a ToysRUs exclusive in America?

Default Kreo to be a ToysRUs exclusive in America?

The drying up of interest in Kreo after three years, could lead to them being a store exclusive in America this year. We know from the leaked Hasbro database that there are a heap of Movie Kreo coming out this year, and since the only thing selling these days are the Microchangers and combiners, the buildsets may end up being something that only ToysRUs wanted in America... and as such, they might be the only source for Microchangers as well.

If that proves true, apparently BBTS and Amazon won't be able to stock new items any more... and for most of us here, that's the only way to get them all, and at a decent price.

In a couple days time at the American Toyfair, we should know for sure if this ends up being true.

As for us here in Australia, no stores wanted the build sets in the last two years and it is getting harder to find the Microchangers in stores... so it will be interesting to see if any pick up on the Movie Kreo sets just because it is part of the Movie line.

I just saw on the official Transformers Facebook page, that as of a couple days ago, they were still promoting the Kreo combiner Computron (the latest one that is getting hard to find now)... so the line can't be a total loss just yet. Unless it will just be build sets that will end up as TRU exclusives.

Hasbro have just released a press-release to confirm that all of the Kreo, even the Microchangers and Combiners that aren't movie-themed, are all being released exclusively to ToysRUs in America.
    This doesn't mean that they will be only available to ToysRUs here, but due to the lack of interest in Series 2 and 3 by Australian Retailers, an exclusive arrangement with TRU here might be the only way we will see any of the 2014 Kreo (including the Microchangers that fans are most interested in).

The details and link to the Press Release can be found here - BUT BE WARNED - MOVIE SPOILERS.

Can't say I am surprised. The Kreo build quality is nowhere near as good as you would hope for, the plastic quality is sub par too and too many of the micro changers have stress marks straight from the packet.

Have the micro changers been seen anywhere other than Big W on our shores?

To pay more or less the same as a lego minifig, I expect the same level of quality, which we have not gotten anywhere near. (Love the concept, hope it survives past the movie).
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Have the micro changers been seen anywhere other than Big W on our shores?
    While I haven't seen the micro changer waves of figures anywhere else (and Big W Penrith never seems to have any when I go in there) I did however find the Combiner sets at Toys R Us, as well as the Kreo Customs (the figures with chrome weapons, helmets and various other parts and weapons)

Target also carried single figures & combiners (bruticus, devastator & predaking)

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Target also carried single figures & combiners (bruticus, devastator & predaking)
    That's true they did. And Superion

Slightly off-topic, but not worth a whole new News topic... some Kreo commercials on the official Youtube channel.
    Its a shame that the commercials have more effort and interest in them than the products themselves.

Looks like my suspicion in the first posting is true... an email back from BBTS confirms that they and Amazon are not allowed to sell the new Kreo (sets, microchangers, customs), because ToysRUs are the exclusive American source... and since TRU sell online, BBTS and Amazon cant.
    (Most Kreo sets I have bulk imported in the past, as it saved me heaps of money)

That means having to pay Australian prices, or sourcing them on ebay... which would probably end up being the same as here.

I'll see if the TRU site ships them to Australia, and if they will end up being a saving compared to here. (I could hunt them down while in America, but the boxes end up adding up to a lot of packaging space, so am not too keen on doing that)

I carted the four Combiners, the 6 regular build sets they had (missing the Optimus Trailer set), and the exclusive Grimlock Unleashed set.

All 11 Kreo items were available to foreigners, but I ended up not going ahead with it, as it only ended up saving me AU$29, which isn't worth it for the 2-3 week wait I might have on my hands for them.
    The order came to AU$247 plus AU$73 (equals $320)... compared to AU$349 at the cheapest source here or the RRP Hasbro Australia listed on their site, and estimating the exclusive set if it comes here.

So it can work for Australians if you follow the instructions here first, but I'll be leaving it as I might just get them locally and chase up the missing ones while in America.