Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TFCC Transmutate is online now.

Default TFCC Transmutate is online now.

I just recieved an email from Funpub to say that transmutate is in the club store, limit 2 per member.

I don't know how popular this particular figure is going to be. It's interesting that they've done a similar thing to last year where there is a place in the foam for the free figure with the figure that costs money. that makes Transmutate a little more interesting.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

US$59 plus shipping... ouch.
    I might get two just to offset the pain of shipping.

Looks like they got their toy shipment from Hasbro, as they've mentioned Rampage is shipping next week, along with the first of the Subscription figures. (and we are likely to get some more images of in-hand BotCon toys too)

With them noting that it is limited to just 2 per person, it will certainly have people thinking that they are really limited and might buy a pair just to scalp off when they sell out. (creating extra demand by making consumers think that they will run out fast)

Two cost me US$58.25 shipping (the cheapest option), totalling US$176.25 (about AU$195).
    The other shipping option was about US$78... which would have worked out to about AU$110 each!

If anyone in Brisbane wants my second one, it will be AU$95 pickup.

You'd think having to pay for an actual membership to the TFCC would subsidise the cost of the figures. Or are these the subsidised prices?

So cheap to be a fan these days.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I don't know how popular this particular figure is going to be. It's interesting that they've done a similar thing to last year where there is a place in the foam for the free figure with the figure that costs money.
    (I'm guessing you mean two years ago - I don't think was an option last year). This is arguably one of the cooler exclusives they've done. Considering the popularity of Dawn of Future's Past, I don't think it will shelfwarm in the way that - say - Airazor and Astrotrain did.

Just did a quick check on how much it would be for just one, about $120.00AUD!!!!!

I am tempted to get it as it looks very cool but at the same time I'm quite hesitant. What to do!?
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

Quote Originally Posted by CHILENO20 View Post
    Just did a quick check on how much it would be for just one, about $120.00AUD!!!!!

I am tempted to get it as it looks very cool but at the same time I'm quite hesitant. What to do!?
    This is one of those cases where it might well end up being cheaper on the secondary market. Surely if BBTS gets them in they'll be much cheaper as part of a Pile Of Loot than from the postage Nazis at the Collectors Club.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    This is one of those cases where it might well end up being cheaper on the secondary market. Surely if BBTS gets them in they'll be much cheaper as part of a Pile Of Loot than from the postage Nazis at the Collectors Club.
    I've done this with the latest FSS 2.0 through BBTS. But it's hard to tell with the Transmutate as she seems to be a popular figure through what I can tell.
    I bit the bullet on her and ordered 2 through the club, so if someone in Perth wants the 2nd (pending final cost)?

If they restrict it to just 2 per membership, would BBTS even get in many? And if they do get a handful, aren't they likely to charge close to US$100 for it like they did for the popular Subscription figures? (They are likely to have a number of their staff as members to secure membership exclusives.... but not a lot.)

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    You'd think having to pay for an actual membership to the TFCC would subsidise the cost of the figures. Or are these the subsidised prices?
    These "members exclusives" only have one price... you have to pay for membership before you can even buy one.... so if anyone wants one who isn't a member, chase up someone who is, to help you out.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    If they restrict it to just 2 per membership, would BBTS even get in many? And if they do get a handful, aren't they likely to charge close to US$100 for it like they did for the popular Subscription figures? (They are likely to have a number of their staff as members to secure membership exclusives.... but not a lot.)
    As you've said, to get two toys already cost you the original membership plus US$176.25 ($88 US each). And to get just one with TFCC shipping is already over $100, plus membership. Currently at BBTS, Depthcharge is $60, Over-Run is $75, and all the other individual exclusives are between $32.99 and $99. If someone with a Pile Of Loot isn't resolved to get Transmutate right now, whatever the cost, there's a good chance that BigBadToyStore will end up being a better international option.