Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FOC DLC details for 2nd & 3rd packs

Default FOC DLC details for 2nd & 3rd packs

The first DLC pack was "Multiplayer Havoc pack", released on the game's release date (August 22nd), containing multiplayer skins of Wheeljack, Ultra Magnus, Perceptor, and Blast Off.

The next two DLC packs don't sound any better either, especially if they are the same price...

The second one, called "Dinobot Destructor pack", is being released September 11th, and is similar to the first one above - just four multiplayer skins (Grimlock, Slug/Slag, Snarl, Swoop). No extra maps or Escalation characters.

The third one, called "Massive Fury pack", is being released September 25th, but the contents are a bit vague - A variety of Multiplayer and single player Characters, including G1 Optimus, Gen2 Bruticus, Insecticons and (Hound?). (most of this one is what people got as pre-order bonus options... but if they include items like Hound that wasn't a pre-order bonus, people who want everything, or just Hound, are still going to have to buy the entire DLC pack... most of which they already own)

It is also noted that the first DLC pack (Havoc pack) actually has a release date of the 24th, so if people can access it before then, they must have moved up the release date on it.
    The Havoc pack also includes Zeta Prime... which is odd, since he (apparently) died in WFC.

Xbox already have a few extra exclusives (a pre-order bonus, Pet Avatars in the first DLC pack), so expect some more during this time as well.
    (some formats obtain exclusive rights to a whole game, but in this case, Xbox may have obtained rights to release content exclusive to their format)
    Last edited by griffin; 26th September 2012 at 01:34 AM.

So... apparently all of those three "DLC" packs are already on the disc.
    All you end up downloading for an extra AU$45 are three 100kb keys to access something on the disc that you already paid AU$50-70 for.

(noting a comment on the TFW page) That'd be like buying a DVD/BR from the store for $20, and then having to pay an extra $15 to access the bonus features on it.

I know gaming has become such a huge industry in recent years, but damn, this is just greedy.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    So... apparently all of those three "DLC" packs are already on the disc.
    All you end up downloading for an extra AU$45 are three 100kb keys to access something on the disc that you already paid AU$50-70 for.

(noting a comment on the TFW page) That'd be like buying a DVD/BR from the store for $20, and then having to pay an extra $15 to access the bonus features on it.

I know gaming has become such a huge industry in recent years, but damn, this is just greedy.
    Yeah I just had a look a TFW thread and went and had a look in my own game folder.

Each character seems to have 4 common files (Jazz as example)
    TR_Jazz_ROBO_p.xxx
    TR_Jazz_ROBODEF_p.xxx
    TR_Jazz_VEH_p.xxx
    TR_Jazz_VEHDEF_p.xxx

In the folder I can see
    AirRaid
    Barricade
    Blastoff
    Brawl
    Breakdown
    Bruticus
    Bumblebee
    Cliffjumper
    Deadend
    Demolisher
    Dragstrip
    Grapple? (might just be the grapple abilty)
    Grimlock
    Hardshell
    Hound
    Ironhide
    Jazz
    Jetfire
    Kickback
    Laserbeak
    Megatron
    Metroplex
    Onslaught
    Optimus Prime
    Perceptor
    Quake
    Ratchet
    Rumble/Frenzy
    Scattershot
    Scrapper
    Schockwave
    Sideswipe
    Silverbolt
    Sludge
    Slug (Slag)
    Snarl
    Soundwave
    Starscream
    Swindle
    Swoop
    UltraMagnus
    Vortex
    Warpath
    Wheeljack
    ZetaPrime

Basically all the DLC they are intending to release are all ready on the disc. There are a bunch of characters that don't have 4 files but some of those characters are available in MP anyway so it's no mandatory they have those 4 specific files.

But yeah... my feeling is !@#$ you Activision and High Moon Studios.
    Last edited by kaiden; 23rd August 2012 at 09:07 PM.

On the plus side, at least the stuff they're charging us for doesn't really matter. It's only a cosmetic thing that doesn't effect the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Quickstrike View Post
    On the plus side, at least the stuff they're charging us for doesn't really matter. It's only a cosmetic thing that doesn't effect the game.
    Was about to add something similar. If it doesn't really add anything to the actual gameplay and adds nothing to the multi-player experience why would you bother..?

Maybe in multi, you can stand out more... As a target. :P
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    Was about to add something similar. If it doesn't really add anything to the actual gameplay and adds nothing to the multi-player experience why would you bother..?

Maybe in multi, you can stand out more... As a target. :P
    Well it gives characters some more diversity, you can edit - head, chest, shoulders, arms and legs.

As completist as I am, I certainly won't by buying those "DLC" packs... and am glad I pre-ordered to get some of it already included/unlocked, as a sample of what the rest of it is like.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiden View Post
    Well it gives characters some more diversity, you can edit - head, chest, shoulders, arms and legs.
    Okay, thanks. Purely cosmetic then? I probably won't bother unless it's massively reduced and all of it is bundled. Which is almost inevitable.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Default FOC Dinobots Multiplayer DLC release and info

FOund via Twitter

http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/...to-competitive

Hmm, wonder how they work with no shooty shooty?

Edit, oh they are just like everybody else in robot mode then.

Also mentioned is the release of Insecticons later too.

If this is $14 for each character set, then bloody hell! Again we know the Dinobots are on disc. What a cash cow this is becoming!

Looking forward to this next week. Just so happens to be on my day off as well