Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Art of War

Default The Art of War

This thread is only for the discussion of Cybertronian/Transformers warfare. e.g.: Transformers/Cybertronian martial arts, weaponry, strategy etc.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Blackarachnia's weapon gimmick in action

An analysis of how Blackarachnia could use her weapon in a melee fight:

Fig.A: Blackarachnia deploys her web/claw and grabs Ratchet's right arm (indicated by the purple arrow). She then reels Ratchet in toward her (direction indicated by the red arrow).

Fig.B: Blackarachnia uses her webbing to reel Ratchet in (indicated by the red arrow), and as in the video demonstration, Ratchet falls to the ground. Blackarachnia immediately holds onto Ratchet's right wrist with her right hand and sticks her left arm onto Ratchet's right arm and drives pressure toward his shoulder/body (indicated by the green arrow), thus pinning him on the ground. Being the nasty beeotch that she is, she delivers a few nice kicks to Ratchet's head (indicated by the yellow arrow).

Now that is of course only if Ratchet actually falls during the initial web-grapple. What if he remains standing?

Fig.C: Blackarachnia uses her webbing to reel Ratchet in (red arrow) but this time Ratchet doesn't fall and remains standing. She grabs Ratchet's right wrist with her right hand (yellow circle) and sticks to his right below with her left forearm (yellow arrow) - this prevents Ratchet from folding his right arm and barging his elbow into Blackarachnia's face. In this scenario, Ratchet wants to follow up by clubbing Blackarachnia with his wrench (blue arrow). Blackarachnia now wants to move around and behind Ratchet and she will apply a grapple leading to a submission hold (green arrows indicate intended stepping).

Fig.D: As she's stepped around Ratchet Blackarachnia also simultaneously pulls Ratchet's right wrist into her right hip and applies downward pressure on Ratchet's right shoulder blade, driving it toward the ground (yellow arrows). Once the lock is complete, Ratchet is effectively immobilised.

So how could Ratchet counter this? Here's one way...

Fig.E: Rather than trying to resist Blackarachnia's pull (purple arrow) Ratchet goes with it and drives himself along and beyond Blackarachnia's pull (red arrow).
    Fig.F: Ratchet then drives his lead arm further forward and up and toward Blackarachnia's centre of gravity.
    Fig.G: Ratchet's lead arm, in a continual upward arc, cuts into Blackarachnia's centre and disrupts her balance.
    Fig.: Turning his lead arm downward, Ratchet throws Blackarachnia to the ground. Blackarachnia defensively curls up.

In regards to Transformers Marvel comics seige warefare of Iacon

Why didnt the decepticons just fly over the Autobots and storm Iacon, instead of targeting it with missiles and blowing it to kingdom come?

Shouldn't this belong in the Grapple's creations section?
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Not really - this thread is meant to be actually discussing Transformers warfare. You don't have to have pics - I just use them because a picture tells a thousand words and my posts are wordy enough as they are.

Quote Originally Posted by roller
    In regards to Transformers Marvel comics seige warefare of Iacon

Why didnt the decepticons just fly over the Autobots and storm Iacon, instead of targeting it with missiles and blowing it to kingdom come?
    wtf are you talking about?? (o_O) Straxus' final siege of Iacon was like taking candy from a baby thanks to the Autobot Council's foolish decision to lower their guard (save for Councillor Xaaron who was the only councillor who wasn't executed by Decepticons).

there was a panel that said something like "After years of trying to take Iacon & failing at Seige warfare the Cons decide to nuke the place with missiles. "

rarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrhh watever

Anyway, Metallikato and any other tf martial art is a load of Bartrim manure

As Wikipedia would say, citation needed. Source please.

Anyway, Metallikato and any other tf martial art is a load of Bartrim manure
    Why?

cause, even as a hardcore fan i know they are just rip offs of real martial arts, and for a good reason, they want to make tf society seem real.

But i still dont like the concept, their machines, they kill without swords, they have big freakin guns!!!
    wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

cause, even as a hardcore fan i know they are just rip offs of real martial arts, and for a good reason, they want to make tf society seem real.
    Cos Hadouken-style energy expulsions and telekinesis (which Metallikato employs) exists in real martial arts (-_-) </sarcasm>

Diffusion is probably the only Cybertronian martial art which is the most realistic/non-fantasy martial art. All other Cybertronian martial arts employ 'fantasy' techniques. Circuit-Su uses Sith-like lightning blasts and Crystallocution attacks "fracture points" - kinda like the 'pressure point attacks' we see in fantasy martial arts movies (e.g.: Kung Fu Panda) only that it literally fractures the opponent's metallic skin/armour. This makes sense though - when you're employing martial arts against giant armoured super robots, you're gonna need something a bit beyond basic pugilism!

But i still dont like the concept, their machines, they kill without swords, they have big freakin guns!!!
    wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    They're super robots - and as I said, their martial arts employ a lot of super fantasy techniques, which allow them to work against opponents who use artillery. It's like Jedi and Sith in Star Wars; they can't just be really good sword fighters, the Force becomes a convenient excuse to allow them to use melee weapons (i.e.: light sabres) against enemies with ranged weapons (i.e.: blasters). It absolutely doesn't work in real life (hence why modern soldiers don't fight with swords no more), but we're talking about fighting in a fantasy sense.

If you want to discuss realistic martial arts, please do so in the Martial Arts Discussion thread (in the non-Transformers section). This thread is for the discussion of Cybertronian warfare - and not just Cybertronian martial arts. If you don't like it then don't post here.

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    there was a panel that said something like "After years of trying to take Iacon & failing at Seige warfare the Cons decide to nuke the place with missiles. "
    I can back Roller up on that quote, but can't recall where it was. I believe it might have been in Dreamwave or the Ultimate Guide, whereas Goktimus is referring to events in a text story in the UK comics.

Different "Universes" fellas, different wars.

Ah right. I was indeed talking about G1. Thanks for clearing that up.