Page 18 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast

Thread: July Acquisitions

I was waiting in great anticipation over the course of this week for some Transformers I bought to arrive. Since they were posted by EMS, I made it a point to check their status daily using EMS Tracking. It was fun to see where they are and know how soon I might expect them. On 15 July, the status on the EMS system said "Delivered". So I headed home, with great anticipation and a tinge of excitement I might add, full expecting to see a slip of paper in my letter box telling me to collect my parcel from concierge.

They didn't arrive. This was Thursday.

On Friday, I checked again. Still no slip of paper from concierge.

I sneaked a check on Saturday. Still nothing.

This morning, I got a call from concierge through the intercom. The lady at the other end said "you have 2 parcels waiting for you to collect."

SWEET!

Today's stuff.

Behold the Ubberhall! (well for me anyway)

Well ok I'm cheating most of this stuff was acquired last month, either by myself of Kup, but this is the first time I've manged to get it all in one place for a photo.

Much thanks to Kup, for picking up the local TF's and Warbot.

OOOOH congrats HD!! Minelba!!! erm Minerva!!! Who's the drill headed micromaster in the first pic?
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    OOOOH congrats HD!! Minelba!!! erm Minerva!!! Who's the drill headed micromaster in the first pic?
    That's, erm, Drill Buster (Road Fire's little Micromaster buddy).

TFcon haul from yesterday!

Transformers: Exodus arrived from the book depository on friday. Didn't realise I had ordered the hardcover version
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Reissue Galvatron in cartoon colours. Sealed in box, although the box is a little rough

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post
    I was waiting in great anticipation over the course of this week for some Transformers I bought to arrive. Since they were posted by EMS, I made it a point to check their status daily using EMS Tracking. It was fun to see where they are and know how soon I might expect them. On 15 July, the status on the EMS system said "Delivered". So I headed home, with great anticipation and a tinge of excitement I might add, full expecting to see a slip of paper in my letter box telling me to collect my parcel from concierge.

They didn't arrive. This was Thursday.

On Friday, I checked again. Still no slip of paper from concierge.

I sneaked a check on Saturday. Still nothing.

This morning, I got a call from concierge through the intercom. The lady at the other end said "you have 2 parcels waiting for you to collect."

SWEET!
    Congratulations on that Minerva! That is great!

Got the Seacons in the morning..

Not sure what's all the complaints about, just know now I don't need to folk out $400++ for MIB to own this guy and I'm damn happy.
    Last edited by hanprimus; 19th July 2010 at 02:06 PM.

I wanted to get the WFC game, but wasn't sure what version I should get, so I bought both, Xbox and PS3, just in case (Harvey Norman price-matched Dick Smiths' $54 for each).

So I figured that I needed a console to play the game... and now that I had both formats of the game, I couldn't decide which console to get - PS3 for $440 or Xbox for $398...

So I bought both...

And then I figured, I really need a proper TV to plug in these consoles, so had a look at one they had - 32", Full HD, LCD TV... below cost price at $768...so bought that too...

I've been naughty today.

(plus had to get some HD cables and surge protector, plus a year's subscription to Xbox live).

The invoice said I saved $330, but spent $1940... No more new toys for a while.

It might be a little while before I get online as I need to practice with the singleplayer campaign first (on PS3 first).
    The PS3 is more for the bluray player, while xbox is more for long-term gaming, as it's much cheaper console is making it more popular with the general public. But both are to give me more access to people who do online gaming, and more of an incentive for me to make more time for myself for leisure time (if I don't get out of the house much for fun these days, I can bring the fun to the house instead).